Complaint Review: AMERICAN BANKERS LIFE ASSURANCE COMPANY OF FLORIDA And Assurant Solutions

• Submitted: Mon, October 29, 2007
  • Updated: Mon, October 29, 2007
  • Reported By: Addison Texas
  • AMERICAN BANKERS LIFE ASSURANCE COMPANY OF FLORIDA And Assurant Solutions
    11222 Quail Roost Drive
    Miami, Florida

AMERICAN BANKERS LIFE ASSURANCE COMPANY OF FLORIDA And Assurant Solutions Claims denial: Unjustified, harrassment, Discrimination due Disability Miami Florida

Assurant Solutions is doing all they can to deny an initially simple claim. This is a renters insurance policy that I have paid into for over 6 years and never filed a claim until this past November (2006). The claims process is swift enough but then the file goes to Assurant Solutions. That is where the trouble begins.

In November of 2006 my apartment let some rain water in from a mild storm. Unfortunately the leak was directly over my big screen TV, a sofa, and my Laptop. Assurant denied the claim because they said it wasn't a covered peril! The technicality on this was the wind velocity; I have not verified that to this date.

The roof was poorly repaired, the apartment owners (Colonial Properties Trust) refused to reimburse me for any of the property damage.

In January, February, March and again in April, the roof leaked. On each of those occasions I filed a claim to which each were denied and closed. The apartment owners took little pity on my third set of furniture.

The apartments general contractors came to look at the ceiling and subsequently and accidentally stepped on a sprikler pipe that sprayed and flooded the entire apartment and took 9 weeks to repair all the damage.

The apartment complex has since kicked me out for being a "whistle blower" but in the process forced me to sign a hold harmless agreement and paid me $10,000 for my pain and suffering and nothing for my personal property.

I have become disabled in the interim. The entities involved are well aware of that and the associated complications and challenges.

Assurant refuses to pay the claim on very shakey ground. Emails and exscalations continue but I found it quite interesting to read that similar circumstances have occured with other consumers.

Guymax
Addison, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/29/2007 01:56 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/american-bankers-life-assurance-company-of-florida-and-assurant-solutions/miami-florida-33157/american-bankers-life-assurance-company-of-florida-and-assurant-solutions-claims-denial-u-281645. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content