NOTICE: *UPDATE December 1, 2006. Rip-off Report recently discovered that all but 2 Rip-off Reports about The David Zophin Agency of American Income Life were posted by the same person. A competitor no doubt. Rip-off Report has the evidence that shows the same person filed every one of the Reports. Ripoff Report will go after anyone found posting Reports like this. This type of behavior will not be tolerated. Either way, The David Zophin Agency still stands by their comitments made to Rip-off Report. Just like people can file ridiculous and frivolous lawsuits every day, we do realize consumers might try and take advantage using the Internet / Rip-off Report to do the same thing. THE REPORT BELOW IS BOGUS!
****BEWARE OF THIS SCAM*********
ZOPHIN AGENCY TACTICS:
1) Call EVERY resume and tell them about this "amazing opportunity" and that "you sound like our type of person" and that they can only see them either tuesday or wednesday morning for an interview with the "VP of operations", ie some smuck like themselves hired 3 or 4 weeks ago.
2) If they have ANY questions about the job,ie pay schedule, just tell them "that will be gone over in great detail during the interview process".
3) Bring EVERY person back for a 2nd "informational" interview where they will show you how EASY it will be to make 60K IN YOUR FIRST YEAR.
4) Bring back EVERY person for a final interview and ask them "Why should we hire you?"
5) Hire EVERY person regardless of what they say.
6) Charge EVERY person a few hundred bucks for licensing class and admin costs, ect.
7) Memorize a 20 page "presentation" meant to trick people into buying insurance policies.
8) Have EVERY new hire start calling resumes and working like a slave for their new master with NO PAY, ALL COMMISSION!!!
9) Work 6 days a week, 12 hours a day and make squat.
10) Get leads that have already been seen by other agents.
11) Call those leads and say "oh, no, I am not trying to sell you anything, I am just coming over to drop off some "NO COST BENEFITS". The people you see have NO IDEA you are there to sell them insurance, they just want the FREE stuff.
11) Get frustrated and be told "you are not disciplined enough" and leave.
12) NOBODY lasts for more than a few months before realizing that its a scam and that they are being USED. Your master gets to keep all of YOUR renewals on any policies you might have been lucky to have sold
12) GO BACK TO STEP ONE.
These are the things you need to ask/think about...
Why has nobody been here that long, everybody is new like me?
SHOW me(don't tell me) how much $ you have made recently.
At the bonus meeting each month, why do ONLY a few get checks and everybody else (90%) gets SQWUAT?
Why am I working 80 hours a week and making so little I need to borrow money.
THE AGENCY HAS HIRED OVER A 1,000 PEOPLE AND LESS THAN 5 ARE STILL THERE!!!
IF YOU GET THE CALL, RUN LIKE HELL!!!
YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!!!!!!
Cranston, Rhode Island