Complaint Review: American Locators, Inc.

• Submitted: Sat, July 24, 2010
  • Updated: Sat, July 24, 2010
  • Reported By: Richard — West Michigan United States of America
  • American Locators, Inc.
    1532 Roswell Road #108
    Marietta, Georgia
    United States of America

American Locators, Inc. Professional Vending Machine Locators, Marietta, Georgia

I purchased 6 vending machines from a company who checked out okay on the Internet.  They told me about 3 companies, one of which was American Locators in Marietta, GA.  I called and spoke with Jim Whittaker several times regarding when locators would be available to locate and help set up my machines.  I kept getting put off, but a couple of "professionals" showed up 3 months after my initial request and after I'd sent Mr. Whittaker $1650 as my initial payment, still owing $900 for delivery, setup and training at the locations.

After another week, I was taken to locations not even near where I had requested and was told that this is what they found, take it or leave it.  I was supposed to have final say.  We installed 3 machines, one which was never okay'd by the manager of the location (which I have to get back), one that didn't really want it, (and now I have to get it back), and one good location... out of 6, not even near where I live.  They suddenly got called away, saying they would be back in 2 weeks.  That was a month ago.  Now I have out of date product, machines that were not setup or programmed properly, and 5 machines that need locations (which I will now do myself).  I'm out over $2,100.  DO NOT CALL THIS COMPANY UNLESS YOU HAVE MONEY TO THROW AWAY.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/24/2010 02:04 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/american-locators-inc/marietta-georgia-30062/american-locators-inc-professional-vending-machine-locators-marietta-georgia-626397. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content