Complaint Review: American Mortgage Specialists

• Reported By: Scottsdale Arizona
  • American Mortgage Specialists
    amsaz.com
    Phoenix, Mesa, Chandler, Scottsdale, Glendale, Arizona

"Ann Marie" supposedly with American Mortgage Specialists posts frequently on Craigslist. Ann Marie alleges to assist people with all credit ratings obtain a mortgage - her ads specifically target those in financial trouble or with poor credit history.

I contacted Ann Marie at the number given in her advertisement. She was supposedly on the phone, but her "husband" - who told me his name was James Cadzow - offered to assist me as he said he was a licensed mortgage broker (although after further research I have found no record of him as being a registered mortgage broker or banker with the state of Arizona).

Having purchased a home before, I gave James Cadzow all my background info (name, address, income, etc) and spent approximately 30 minutes with him on the phone. He promised to get back to me within the next day with mortgage options. I never heard back from James Cadzow. I called and "Ann Marie" said she would have him contact me, yet he never returned my calls.

This leads me to believe that Ann Marie or James Cadzow, who utilize the American Specialist Mortgage name should be avoided. They are either: 1) collecting personal information from people like myself who were naive to trust them and doing who knows what with it (identity theft?), or 2) they are so unprofessional they do not return phone calls and leave people in a bind (as per other Ripoff reports filed against this company) during the timely mortgage process.

Avoid Ann Marie, her partner (suppposed husband) James Cadzow, and American Mortgage Specialists in the Phoenix, AZ area at all costs!! FRAUD ALERT!!

Scottsdaleguy
Scottsdale, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/21/2008 08:42 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/american-mortgage-specialists/phoenix-mesa-chandler-scottsdale-glendale-arizona/american-mortgage-specialists-phoenix-az-ann-marie-james-cadzow-avoid-phoenix-me-342642. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
2Consumer
0Employee/Owner

American Mortgage Specialists have been in trouble with the AZ Department of Banking Finance

AUTHOR: Liz - (U.S.A.)

Go to www.azdfi.gov and type in company name

I tried several times to get a hold of this customer but his phone was disconnected

AUTHOR: James Cadzow - (U.S.A.)

I tried several times to get a hold of this gentleman after I took his application but I kept getting voicemail and a couple of days later the phone was disconnected.

Unfortunately we where unable to approve him on a home loan at the time because of his over-extended credit but I did try to get a hold of him several times. I can assure you that I never use anyone's credit to harm them.