Complaint Review: American Travel Planners (ATP) aka Victory Travel Group

• Reported By: Another victim — Lake Forest California
  • American Travel Planners (ATP) aka Victory Travel Group

Newport Beach, California
    USA

American Travel Planners (ATP) aka Victory Travel Group Bethany Wunder, Andrew Wunder Smart People do Stupid Things Newport Beach California

*Consumer Comment: News story about scams

*Author of original report: Class action?

*Consumer Comment: concerned 2

Attended a promotional talk so we could get the free gift. $7600 later, we thought we had a retirement concierge company that would discount international airfares and get us condos all over the world. Boy, were we wrong. And their tricky contract said we had to cancel in 5 days...and return all the paperwork. Except we didn't get our membership card for several weeks, so we couldn't try it out.

By the time we tried it, it was too late. They had promised us all kinds of discounts, most of which were 'unavailable' for any dates we wanted, or included fees that made them as expensive as regular trips which can be found online. Plus, the most compelling purchase point, for us, was also a scam. International flights were only discounted as part of a package, and if they were business or first class. The whole point of our purchase was to get those discount international flights for my husband's business travel. Of course we had told the salesman (Fred Persons) this numerous times... but he failed to mention the 'conditions'.

So then we tried to cancel, and all we got was a runaround. Sent in all our paperwork and 4 months and about 30 phone calls later, we are still trying to get our money back (fat chance).

These people operate in several states, under several names: Sea 'n Ski vacations in Colorado (currently being prosecuted by the CO district attorney) and apparently in Washington DC (as ATP), in LA and Orange counties (CA) under the name Victory Travel Group. They list their address as an office in Newport Beach, which we visited...the building management company has never heard of them. Another address is a PO Box in Broomfield, CO.

If you have been ripped off in California and would be interested in going to the District Attorney, let me know. I have no doubt that we aren't the only victims.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/24/2013 08:34 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/american-travel-planners-atp-aka-victory-travel-group/newport-beach-california-92630/american-travel-planners-atp-aka-victory-travel-group-bethany-wunder-andrew-wunder-sma-1069625. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

1Author
2Consumer
0Employee/Owner

News story about scams

AUTHOR: Reporter - ()

Hi, I'm an Orange County reporter writing about American Travel Planners' scamming and I was wondering if you would be willing to talk about your own experiences for an article about ATP and its scams. You can contact me at ocbiz47@gmail.com if you would like to talk. Thanks, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Class action?

AUTHOR: Reply - ()

R u in Orange county, Ca (like me)? The DA in Colorado told me I would have to file a report here.

concerned 2

AUTHOR: concerned 2 - ()

Have not had a good expereince with American Travel Planners. Poor communication, slow to absent follow up, improper names on documents. Would be interested in pursuing remedies. Seems to be others with government legal issues as noted in Colorado.