Complaint Review: Angela's Beach Resort

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
  • Phone:
  • Web:
  • Category: Hotel

Angela's Beach Resort ripoff Credit Card security and bad business practices Fort Lauderdale Florida

I am planning on going to Fort Lauderdale in January. Looking for a hotel. I went to the Official Fort Lauderdale Visito's site and I decided to try one listed there, Angela's Beach Resort.

Through their secure website, I made a reservation enquiry and provided my credit card number and expiration date. Next day, when I received an answer from the hotel (not very friendly), I was appalled to see that my whole credit card number and expiration date were included with the email!!!!

I called immediately to let them know what happened. A woman picked up the phone and as soon as I started explaining (courteously) what happened, she started talking over me and calling me "honey", yelling and being overall rude. She told me that this happened because after the hurricane they did not have power and she had to go to Office Depot otherwise things like that don't happen in her hotel (I assume she was the owner).

I tried to tell her that this had nothing to do with anything, that it was a serious glitch in the system, and then she told me that "you know too much and I don't want you in my hotel, you are a problem", proceeding to hang up on me. All the time she was yelling and being extremely rude.

I filed electronic complaints with the Fort L. Visitors Bureau, Fort L. Chamber of Commerce, South Easth Florida Better Business Bureau and the Hotel Divisions of the State of Florida, canceling my credit card and I let the hotel know.

They sent me an email today calling me a "self-absorbed and over-privileged" customer, not taking responsibility for my own actions and not being able to solve my own problems and acusing me of not being sensitive to the post-hurricane situation. Also I was told to "cancel the darn card" since they could not "waste time on over privileged customers" Unbelievable. I thought they were running a business.

She only had to delete the body of the email, this has nothing to do with the hurricane. Incidentally, she claimed I called at 1:00 am this is false, I called around 10:00 pm, when I realized about the problem, to warn the hotel right away. And how did she answer if the phone service is down, as she claims in her message? .

Beware, the stay in this place can be really a rollercoaster, they do not care about their customers.

Isa
V, New Jersey

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/13/2005 02:55 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/angelas-beach-resort/fort-lauderdale-florida-33304/angelas-beach-resort-ripoff-credit-card-security-and-bad-business-practices-fort-lauderda-164440. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content