Complaint Review: Aramaic Designs

• Submitted: Wed, June 15, 2011
  • Updated: Wed, June 15, 2011
  • Reported By: Disgruntled Little Lady — Denver Colorado United States of America
  • Aramaic Designs
    unknown
    Internet
    United States of America

Aramaic Designs Complete RIP-OFF, online "translating" services complete fraud! No customer service, contact info available, absolutely nothing! Internet

On March 1st I placed an order for a Hebrew translation for a tattoo. This service seemed the most reputable and had much information available warning about bad translations, protocol to get a Hebrew tattoo, care, etc. They even tailored products to people intending to have their translation tattooed, you can purchase a digital tattoo stencil (of course for an additional cost). Ultimately, this seemed like the most professional company offering these services.

The translation charges are on a per-word basis. The website promises to deliver translations within 4-6 weeks, and  if you pay an additional amount for rush processing, they can complete it within 2-3 weeks. I decided not to rush the processing, and paid for my translation as well as a tattoo stencil that I can take to my artist. All-in-all, I spent $79 for the work.

I received an emailed payment confirmation the very next day, March 2nd saying the purchase was complete and they would begin working on it right away. On May 4th (9 weeks later), I sent an email (to their "do-not-reply" address, but that was the only one I could find) I requested the order status and reminded them of the promised delivery terms. The only terms I agreed on, hence, I placed an order through them despite the fact they are double the cost of other similar companies online.

Today, June 15 (15 weeks and 2 days later). ... I received my translation but the "tattoo stencil" which the site says can be adjusted, moved, cropped, angled, "font" changed, etc. DOES NOTHING... it is the exact same thing as the translation except the text is outlined. I cannot do any of the things that the site says you can do with the stencil. And it's not a compatability issue with programs used, etc., the stencil is on their website, but nothing works.

I am incredibly frustrated that I based my decision on promises grossly not followed through with. Clearly they cannot deliver.

I went through my bank records and saw that the purchase was made through a paypal associate, RogueLeaf. Unfortunately, Paypal will not refund my money because the transaction is not on my Paypal account. Although their logo was on the purchase page, apparently, they just stole the logo and decieve people into trusting them.

To make matters worse, I have searched all over the web and their business site (and I'm savvy with online research too), I cannot locate any contact information for anyone at this company. I cannot believe I spent so much on this and waited so long, and now what I've received is not even close to what I purchased. This is so disguisting!!

I will never recommend this company to anyone.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/15/2011 10:21 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/aramaic-designs/internet/aramaic-designs-complete-rip-off-online-translating-services-complete-fraud-no-custom-741051. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content