Complaint Review: Arnored-Lock

• Reported By: geeknik — Tacoma Washington United States of America
  • Arnored-Lock

Internet
    United States of America

Arnored-Lock Armored Lock unprofessional, rude, rip-off, hacks, no reicept, liars, Internet

My son had his keys stolen. He called this company to get new keys made for his car. A man came out and then stated it would be extra when they realized THEN that his key needed a chip. (They should have known right when my son called, asking for make and model of his vehicle). He didn't have the additional money at the time. When he did h called back and a man came out, made 2 keys and handed them to my son, took his money and left. No receipt.

My son tried the ignition and the car wouldn't turn over. I came over later and tried a jump. Eventually the car's accessories would work fine with the key in, without the help from my car and jumper cables, but it would not start. The 2nd key would not open the trunk.

I called the company and explained the situation. As soon as I mentioned the battery had been dead the person I was talking to stated that it wasnt their fault the battery was dead and the tech could not program the key at that time. I said he should have known the battery was dead if had tried programming the key. The key given to my son has no chip visible anywhere.I do not think the tech even attempted programming the key. In fact I don't think the key has a chip in it at all.
The old key had a plastic head where you could see the chip. The new key is all metal with no sign of a chip.
Steve, Tacoma, Washington

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/25/2012 10:43 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/arnored-lock/internet/arnored-lock-armored-lock-unprofessional-rude-rip-off-hacks-no-reicept-liars-interne-959943. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content