Paid $450.00 for what was described as an intensive complete art authentication. Prior to bringing the subject art work to Art Experts photographer I forwarded to Art Expert (Mark Winter) 3 emails from three different Gallery owners /experts. Each expert stated the subject piece appeared to be a "study" of a later piece the Artist created. Mr. Winters directed me to a photographer (A college Co-Ed hired via phone interview by Art Experts) who took digital Photos of the subject artwork (12mp Sony Handicam), and forwarded them to Mark Winter.
The photo's were the first step of the process. Shortyly there after I received an email from Art Experts Inc. informing me (via PDF) they physically examined the subject art piece and concluded the piece is a copy. To substantiate this finding Art Experts Inc/Mark Winter stated a comparisson was made between the museum piece (160cm x 73cm. Oil on canvas)and the subject piece (60.9cm x 30.5cm Oil on Board) Subject art works colors were not as vibrant as the museum piece. Mark Winters stated the lines of the subject piece were not as intense as the museum piece. Mark Winter went further and stated the subject at was done on "masonite" and masonite was not available commercially until the early 1930's. I emailed Art Experts Inc immediaely and asked legitimate questions.
(1) why do you state that you physically examined the subject art work. When clearly you didn't.
(2) how could you compare a finished museum piece, that obviously was well taken care of to the subject art work that is one half the size and lay un protected in a storage cellar for years.
(3) I informed him he was 100% wrong about the "masonite/hardboard. Wood Pulp Panels(masonite.hardboard) were manufactured for artists use in the early 1890's
(4) How were you able to determine its authenticity from photo's when an associate of he Worlds Authority on the artists physically examined the subject for 30 mintutes and beleived the subject was indeed from the artist but couldn't say with 100% certainty, and would defer to his associate in Paris.
(5) How could you conclude it was a copy when the Authority on the artist saw professional high resolution photo's and was unable to make a determination with out physically examining the work. Art Experts and Mark Winter responded by once again telling me I was upset, and Art Experts responded telling me I was just upset at his opinion and dismissed my request for answers. Hewais rude, He was pompous, and he is not an art expert he is a con artist and a b*tch