Report: #456825

Complaint Review: Ashworth College

  • Submitted: Sat, May 30, 2009
  • Updated: Mon, June 15, 2009
  • Reported By: Danbury Connecticut
  • Ashworth College


Ashworth College Took our full tuition payment- services never rendered Norcross, Georgia

*Consumer Comment: same thing happened to me... Ripped off by a college

Show customers why they should trust your business over your competitors...

My son Dylan was unable to finish high school due to illness. We enrolled him in James Madison High (an Ashworth subsidiary) and paid them $2700. He never was able to utilize their services, but they refused us a refund of any of our tuition payments. We feel this is unethical and, in most states, is illegal. We are continuing to seek reimbursement.

John p
Danbury, Connecticut
Is this Ripoff Report About you?
Ripoff Report A business' first line of defense on the Internet.
If your business is willing to make a commitment to customer satisfaction Click here now..

Does your business have a bad reputation? Fix it the right way. Corporate Advocacy Program™

Set the record straight: Arbitration Program

SEO Reputation Management at its best!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/30/2009 09:16 AM and is a permanent record located here: The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

Search for additional reports

If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:

Report & Rebuttal
Respond to this report!
Also a victim?
Repair Your Reputation!

Updates & Rebuttals


#1 Consumer Comment

same thing happened to me... Ripped off by a college

AUTHOR: Phillip - (U.S.A.)

Reading your report is a reminder of my bad experience with a local college...

I was escorted off the property by the Dean's order and not permitted on the property without making prior arrangements. Now my educational awards are being held until the college is paid in full, this is for services that were made unavailable to me after classes began. I received a letter from the college stating that I withdrew from college and now owe the federal government for grant money that was paid to the college (without consent) in addition to $1,200 charged to my credit card by the college.

An attorney suggested filing this in small claims court. Perhaps you should seek recovery of your loss in small claims court as well, the filing fee is under 100.00 in most states.
Respond to this report!
Ripoff Report Recommends
ZipBooks Accounting Software

Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.