Complaint Review: Audiofile Thx 6.1

• Reported By: Marrero Louisiana
  • Audiofile Thx 6.1

, Louisiana

Audiofile Thx 6.1 Audiofile Thx 6.1 ripoff Marrero Louisiana

Same as the rest of the reports. An older man in a silver van said that he was a bonded carrier and that he was shipped 2 speaker sets instead of 1 and would sell it to me for $300. I got the set for $220 and went home to find out that I had been ripped off.

Well, I had taken down the license plate number so I called the police. The police looked up the plates and told me that it was a civil issue and that they could not do anything. They did tell me that it was a rental car and the company. I contacted Avis and they verified that it was one of there rental cars. They would not give me any information besides that, even after contacting the corporate office, they simply said that I made a poor choice and due to there confidentiality agreement they could not give information on there clients.

I explained to them that at that very moment, someone was in an AVIS rental car still selling these fake systems, they said there was nothing they would do. This made me sick, I explained to the AVIS rep that I feel that they are an accomplice by providing a means for someone to break the law and hide behind them.

Q
new orleans, Louisiana

*EDitor's Comment: Rip-off Report confirms contact info salesman misrepresentation ripoff

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/26/2003 04:08 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/audiofile-thx-61/louisiana/audiofile-thx-61-audiofile-thx-61-ripoff-marrero-louisiana-75906. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content