Complaint Review: Auto Loan Finders Inc

1800 Sandy Plains Pkwy Ste 320
    MariettaInternet, Georgia
    United States of America

Auto Loan Finders Inc IDA Finance SCAM!! MariettaInternet, Georgia

The "F" rating with the Better Business Bureau should be warning enough. I bought a 2008 Ford Taurus X with 65,000 miles on it. This was after being lied to about not putting any money down for the vehicle. Once I got to the establishment,I was told that I would have to pay tax, tag and title. (usually 300-400 dollars, right? Wrong!) Somehow, the tax, tags, and title ballooned to $1800. $1800 for an 18,000 dollar car sounds like a down payment to me.

Regardless, they gave me a month to come up with the "taxes" and I drove off the lot with the car. A couple of days passed and I noticed a problem with my CV joints. I was told to call the service department, but could never reach them. I left messages, but they never got returned. I eventually paid for it out of my own pockets. It took almost three months for me to get my tags. I called again, but still got no response.

I noticed that my transmission was slipping and oil was leaking. I again called them, but still got no response. Needless to say, the transmission went out, the alternator died, and I found out that the cause of the oil leak was a hole in the oil pan. However, since the 3 month/3000 mile limited warranty expired, I was screwed. The cost of all this was close to $7000. I got a Carfax report on the vehicle (which I should have gotten before buying it) and found out that it had 4 previous owners and two accidents

For two months, I was paying a $600 car note for a piece of junk that tookup space in my driveway. I finally told IDA (ALF's finance company) to pick up the vehicle, knowing that it would go on my credit as a repossession. I didn't care.

Auto Loan Finders is poor excuse for a business. They don't care about customers after the sale and they prey on the credit challenged, selling crappy cars at ridiculously high interest rates. Their "service department" is nonexistent, and let's not forget the "F" rating they have with the BBB...42 unresolved complaints.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/30/2010 12:04 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/auto-loan-finders-inc/mariettainternet-georgia-30064/auto-loan-finders-inc-ida-finance-scam-mariettainternet-georgia-676898. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content