Complaint Review: Autos Direct Online
Autos Direct Online Deceptive Dealership Cleveland Ohio
I decided to purchase my 2002 VW Golf from Autos Direct Online because the condition of the vehicle was far better than anything I had seen on the market. What I got in return can only be summed up as the worst, most frustrating car buying experience of my life.
- I was advised to use ADO’s shipping company because it was easier and faster. It cost me an extra 500$ and it took 3 weeks to get my car not 7-10 days I was quoted
- My Sales Person completely disappeared after they received my wire. It took a week of unanswered calls and emails to finally get Juan on the phone (who was the only person who would return/answer calls)
The photos of the car on the website were inaccurate and photoshopped. Here’s a list of what was wrong with my car cosmetically that was not shown or disclosed. [continued below]....
- Car was keyed in 3 different places with 24” S shaped swirls. (scratches this size and this deep significantly lower any chance of resale value this car would have)
- Armrest is broken off
- Windshield is cracked
- Key Housing is broken
- Radio is missing 3 buttons/Speakers are blown/Antenna is missing
Here’s what their website says: You’ll find an accurate, forthright representation of that particular vehicle in our descriptions, including any defects or flaws.
When I got the car it broke down with-in 24 hours. It’s been in the shop over a week with the following repairs so far...
- Catalytic Converter $350 – To quiet the booming motor
- Mass Air Flow Sensor $250 – To prevent the car from losing power while driving
- Throttle Sensor $250 – To get the car to shift without hesitation and to go above 65mph
I fought to have these items at the very least covered, and I was unsuccessful (They covered the converter but not the other jobs required to get this car on the road). I was essentially told you bought a used car, this is the stuff you get when you buy a used car. Before buying with Auto’s Direct please check the BetterBusinessBureau.org, you’ll find many more stories just like mine.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/03/2013 01:49 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/autos-direct-online/cleveland-ohio-44109/autos-direct-online-deceptive-dealership-cleveland-ohio-1048265. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here: