Complaint Review: Azul Pools

• Azul Pools
    2630 Willow Glen CI
    Kissimmee, Florida
    United States

Azul Pools Azul Pools damaged the pebbletec interior of my pool while conducting an acid wash. After notifying the company of the damage, all attempts to contact the company were ignored. Kissimmee Florida

Azul pools were hired to clean and acid wash my inground swimming pool. I had located the company in an advertisement in the Orlando Craigslist. They specialized in cleaning pools and stated that they were licensed and insured. The owners of the company, Suzanne and John Guzman, arrived on the specified time and date to complete the job. The majority of the work was completed by John, who went by the alias name of Alex, with Suzanne assisting.

After completion of the job and when I had the chance to inspect the work, I observed moderate to severe staining and discoloration on the walls and floor of the pebbletec pool interior. I left a voicemail and text message on the business phone and text. After this initial complaint, numerous calls and messages were left with no communication received from the company.

Since I could not contact the company and the damage to my pool is several thousand dollars, I attempted to locate the business's insurance company to report the claim. At this time, I was unable to locate the business and its associated license in government websites and insurance which is required by Florida law. This company, which is advertising as a Florida business is apparently not in compliance and legally unable to provide service.

It now makes sense to me why they wouldn't let me use credit or debit card to pay for the service. They insisted on cash but finally accepted a personal check made out Suzanne Guzman and not the business. Alex had told me something to the effect that since he was collecting disability, he could not have the check written in his name.

For the record, I am a recently retired law enforcement officer and blame myself for not conducting a more thorough investigation of the company prior to hiring. I hope these novice pool unprofessionals do not continue to prey upon other unsuspecting consumers and I will assist in any investigation or legal action.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/06/2017 03:09 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/azul-pools/kissimmee-florida/azul-pools-azul-pools-damaged-the-pebbletec-interior-of-my-pool-while-conducting-an-acid-1415437. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content