Complaint Review: Barclay Card US / Carnival MC

• Reported By: gotsarahe — St. Petersburg Florida United States of America
  • Barclay Card US / Carnival MC

Internet
    United States of America

Barclay Card US / Carnival MC Hold on payment causes financial hardship! Internet

Last Friday I made a payment for $1000 on my card- almost my entire paycheck- assuming I'd be able to use my card over the weekend. Saturday I called customer service and they said it would be held 2-3 business days- that I should have an available balance by Wednesday.

Today (Friday AGAIN) I called and spoke to a customer service rep who told me it may be up to SEVEN days because it takes that long to clear the bank (it was taken out of my checking account Monday!)

I asked to speak to a manager- I was told I would hear the same response- Finally spoke to a manager, "Laura" who "apologised" for the misunderstanding but that yes, it will be SEVEN TO TEN DAYS! I was in the middle of explaining to her that I wanted to report the person who gave me incorrect information, and we were mysteriously disconnected... probably a good thing, since everyone I spoke to gave me a higher number of business days...

I am going to have to go to Amscot and get a payday advance to put gas in my car and buy groceries this weekend!

Sarah
St. Petersburg, FL

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/09/2011 12:56 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/barclay-card-us-carnival-mc/internet/barclay-card-us-carnival-mc-hold-on-payment-causes-financial-hardship-internet-807231. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content