Complaint Review: Bargain Network, Savingssmart, Passporttofun

• Reported By: Garnerville New York
  • Bargain Network, Savingssmart, Passporttofun
    bargainnetwork.com
    Internet

Bargain Network, Savingssmart. Passporttofun Phony credit card charges Ripoff Internet

*Consumer Comment: Bargain Network, MasterCard

Beware of this scam. There were 4 charges for $1.00 each on my recent credit card statement. I did not authorize these charges.

The charges were from: BN (Bargain Network)activation 800-333-1915, BN processing , Savingsmart.com 800-316-8774, & Passporttofun 888-999-0557.

I was unable to reach anyone at these phone #'s. The charges were made on a day that I was traveling on businsee and had not use my credit card on line that day.
I later discovered these are all the same company and that this is a scam. I called my credit card bank and reported the fraud. My card was canceled immediately. I was advised that the next step from these thieves would have been larger charges on my credit card next month.

Ferdinand
Garnerville, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/09/2007 04:10 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/bargain-network-savingssmart-passporttofun/internet/bargain-network-savingssmart-passporttofun-phony-credit-card-charges-ripoff-internet-235336. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Bargain Network, MasterCard

AUTHOR: Mike - (Canada)

Does "cancelling your credit card" stop the process? I filed against "some" of the same companies in the report just before yours, and amazingly received a full refund, but in the process I learned a scarey thing.

MasterCard, however, informed me, AFTER I had cancelled my card, that even though the CARD is cancelled, the ACCOUNT is NOT. Why they didn't tell me at the time I launched a dispute over the unauthorized transactions and cancelled my card is beyond me.

They said NOTHING will prevent the abuse from continuing, unless the companies fraudulently attacking the account have cancelled your account with them. I was speechless to learn that MasterCard refuses to honor my request to stop any further attempt/s to add insult to injury.

So BEWARE, all who "think" that by cancelling their card the abuse will cease. Will it? Are you absolutely certain? In my case I received a written confirmation from Bargain Network/Bargain Home that they have cancelled the account and will make no further debits, but such promises as those, I see from other reports, have not always been honored.