Report: #1052082

Complaint Review: Beacon Property Management

• Submitted: Sun, May 19, 2013
  • Updated: Sun, May 19, 2013
  • Reported By: Beacon Property Management Littleton, Colorado — Littleton Colorado
  • Beacon Property Management

Littleton, Colorado
    USA

Beacon Property Management Violation of the Fair Housing Act, sexual and familial discrimination based on children Littleton Colorado

*Author of original report: Conciliation

*Consumer Comment: comments

I applied for a two bedroom condo for myself and my two children, who are a boy and girl.   I was shown the property and it appeared we would sign a lease.  Then, I was emailed a notice of denial, stating that it was "illegal" for opposite sex children to share a bedroom.

This is a clear violation of the Fair Housing Act, which protects me and my children from discrimination.  There is no such law preventing children from co habiting in a room which is specifically identified in the Fair Housing Act.

I implore anyone discriminated upon based on "co mingling" children of opposite sex in one room to file a complaint both with your state civil protections board and with HUD.  It is a serious offense and can bring very high damages for unfairly singling out parents.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/19/2013 08:03 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/beacon-property-management/littleton-colorado-80122/beacon-property-management-violation-of-the-fair-housing-act-sexual-and-familial-discrim-1052082. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

1Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Conciliation

AUTHOR: Matt - ()

I wish to retract comments made about Beacon Property Management.

comments

AUTHOR: Jeanski - ()

You left out the most critical piece of information: how old are the children?  Your landlord may have a good reason for requiring separate bedrooms based on their age.

I reviewed the Fair Housing Act and couldn't find any reference to your alleged discrimination.