Complaint Review: Bernhardt Company

• Reported By: Jennie — Mount Pleasant Michigan
  • Bernhardt Company

Lenoir, North Carolina
    USA

Bernhardt Company I received a fake check in the mail and a letter to complete assignments as a Mystery Shopper Lenoir North Carolina

I recieved a letter and a check in the mail indicating I was chosen to be a mystery shopper. The letter provided a unser id and password to sign in at a web address provided. When you get to the webpage after logging in there are more instructions asking you to enter the check ID. After entering the check ID it displays the check has been activated. There is a note under that stating I need to deposit the check into a savings or checking account and wait for it clear and withdraw $350 from the account to complete the first assignment. This must be done prior to checking the work assignment or generating the assignment.

However, I made it to this point, but I do not have a checking or savings account and this made me think about opening one. I decided to sleep on it and think before making an irrational decision. Today, I got up and decided to check the web address once again. Low and behold I was unable to retrieve the web site. I than began searching information on the company name and I came up with furniture, watches, and nothing else about mystery shopping. As I was browsing I found reports from this site and read many others whom received the same scam. I hope they get in trouble for this, it is a federal offense when people receive these types of scams with fake checks in the mail. I have children and I am married and times can be very difficult right now this is seriously a very hurtful crime.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/02/2013 08:34 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/bernhardt-company/lenoir-north-carolina-28545/bernhardt-company-i-received-a-fake-check-in-the-mail-and-a-letter-to-complete-assignment-1072403. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content