Complaint Review: Best Buy

737 Northcrest Shopping Ctr
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    United States of America

Best Buy Does not honor extended warranty Fort Wayne, Indiana

Have HP Pavilion DV9000 laptop.  Bought extended warranty.   It kept shutting off at random.  Took to Best Buy.  They would test it and then give it back saying it worked OK.  I would get it and it would again shut off.  They would look at it again and tell me it was OK.

Now there are people all over the country fixing a graphics chip in this computer that is causing this exact problem for money.  Naturally I did not bother to renew my extended service contract since they refused to honor it and treated me like I was just lying to get a new computer.  I sent it off to someone to fix it for two hundred dollars-this guy practically makes his living fixing DV9000's and similar laptops by fixing this very graphics card problem.  Best Buy was insolent or ignorant to this for some reason.  Actually a sales person told me my extended service contract would pay to give me a new computer if I threw it down the stairs but despite that they refused to believe me when I told them it was shutting off on me!  I could not bring myself to do what he said-perhaps I am too honest but the point is why would I lie here if I could have done that to get a new computer?  I am not the kind of person that resorts to dishonesty and I won't be like that; that is not the way I do things.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/20/2013 03:37 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/best-buy/fort-wayne-indiana-46805/best-buy-does-not-honor-extended-warranty-fort-wayne-indiana-1017546. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content