Complaint Review: Big Apple Rooms

• Big Apple Rooms
    11 Penn Plaza, 5th Floor, Suite 5157
    New York, New York
    United States of America

Big Apple Rooms Kiyan Marandi Room Agency New York City; Advance Fee Rip Off; Refers Victim To Another Scam With Their Hand Out New York, New York

The Guy From Iran At Big Apple Rooms Belongs Back In Jail That guy Kiyan Marandi at the Big Apple Rooms scam belongs back in jail. On Saturday, May 29th this Kiyan guy robbed me for $80.00 then he just sent me to an agency at the corner of Broadway & 160th Street in Washington Heights. The Spanish lady working there spoke very little English but she did know how to say give me another fee of $150.00. I went back to Big Apple Rooms and called the police. When the police arrived, they got me back the advance fee Kiyan Marandi stole from me; they took a police report and asked me to go to the Midtown South Precinct where I spoke to several detectives about this con artist.

On Friday, May 21, 2010, I contacted the New York State, Department of State to see if Big Apple Rooms was licensed. Investigator Jack Bilello told me that the owner of Big Apple Rooms is Kiyan Marandi, was licensed by the State many years ago. [continued below]....

....... no longer licensed. Bilello told me that the State has received a multitude of complaints against Marandi and has referred them to the New York State Attorney General's Office. Bilello said that anyone with a complaint against Big Apple Rooms can contact the Department of State @ 212-416-5790, or you can contact the New York State Attorney General's office at 212-416-8000, tell them you want to file a complaint with Consumer Frauds and Protection.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/15/2010 11:25 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/big-apple-rooms/new-york-new-york-10001/big-apple-rooms-kiyan-marandi-room-agency-new-york-city-advance-fee-rip-off-refers-victi-614363. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content