Complaint Review: Bill's Tax Service, Inc.

• Submitted: Sun, March 03, 2013
  • Updated: Sun, March 03, 2013
  • Reported By: Brian — Edina Minnesota United States of America
  • Bill's Tax Service, Inc.
    1452 Concordia Ave
    St Paul, Minnesota
    United States of America

Bill's Tax Service, Inc. Bill Bartels Tax refund established in February, disappeared until Oct, screwed up the entire filing and replied - I have too many customers. St Paul, Minnesota

I payed Bill for many years to prepare my taxes and included taking him to dinner at an expensive restaurant to show our appreciation. In return this year, we met in Feb, found out we had a decent refund and I was excited to think we could finally take a vacation. OOPs, Bill would not return calls, emails or answer his business front door until Oct, approx. 8 months later, one week before penalties.

At that time, I placed a letter in his business mailbox asking for my money back due to no action on his part. I found out afterward he was hiding in the other room of the business, with lights out and a closed sign in the window, watching who was at his front door. Sneaky Huh?

I was instructed to pay the IRS much more than I should have and did not have enough time or tax knowledge to do otherwise. Upon learning there was no refund, I hired a reputable tax service to clean up the mess.

In our last meeting when I asked why he did not respond for so long, he told me was had an illness and had too many customers. When you hear that from your tax man, run fast the other direction.

I did not run and now hope when this is all corrected, I get a vacation - the one I did not get in 2012.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/03/2013 08:04 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/bills-tax-service-inc/st-paul-minnesota-/bills-tax-service-inc-bill-bartels-tax-refund-established-in-february-disappeared-unti-1022798. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content