Complaint Review: Bluegreen Promotions

• Updated: Mon, March 16, 2009
  • Reported By: Indianapolis Indiana
  • Bluegreen Promotions

Orlando, Florida

Bluegreen, Bluegreen Promotions, Bluegreen Resorts Telephone scam: Give us your credit card number & $398 for a fabulous vacation you've won! Orlando Florida

*Consumer Comment: The company is being sued

Here's a summary of the phone call I received from Bluegreen promotions today:

"Hello, my name is Ryan from Bluegreen Promotions and you've been selected for a 6 day/5 night all expenses paid vacation to Universal Studios Orlando Florida ..."

yadda yadda yadda, 3 star hotel, VIP passes, admission to a lot of parks, etc,

"...all for only $199 for you and $199 for your wife. The other two adults can come free, plus one child. All we ask is you come visit our resort for 90 minutes. Sound like a great deal? Great! Let me put you on with my quality assurance manager."

"Quality Assurance" manager: "Hello, my name is Dennis ..."
pretty much repeats the same spiel the first guy gave
"So will that be Visa or Mastercard?"

Me: "Hold on there, I need to see the terms and conditions"
Dennis: "Sir, we've already explained the deal to you twice."
Me: "Yes, I know, but I need to see the agreement first."
Dennis: "Sir, this is legal. Federal law states that we must specifically state all aspects of the offer at least twice. This verbal agreement is legal."
Me: "Are you a Quality Assurance Manager or a telemarketer? If you were, you'd know that I need to see the agreement before I pay you."
Dennis (yelling): "Sir, let me tell you something, I AM a Quality Assurance Manager and I could even teach you a thing about business."
Me: "Calm down, just mail me the info, my wife and I will look at it, and we w"
Dennis hangs up on me.

A lot was paraphrased, because Dennis was quite irate, but the gist of it is, since I didn't want to fork over my CC number without seeing the agreement, they just hung up on me.

Miles
Indianapolis, Indiana

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/06/2009 07:04 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/bluegreen-promotions/orlando-florida/bluegreen-bluegreen-promotions-bluegreen-resorts-telephone-scam-give-us-your-credit-car-431619. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

The company is being sued

AUTHOR: Mike1 - (U.S.A.)

The company is being sued for telling people that they have won when there never was a contest.