Complaint Review: BP Customer Service

Wilmington, DE 19850-5299

October 4, 2007

Ref: Acct: *** ****

Gentlemen,

On the bill for 07/28/07 08/27/07 I was charged 69.00 for SFM*BP Motor Club, charge date 8.07.07. with payment due by 09/21/07. On 09/04/07 I received the bill and call Customer Service and explained I no longer owned a vehicle and did not need the Motor Club. I was told I would receive a credit but it might take a couple of cycles to clear this up.

On 10/02/07 I received a bill reflecting a credit of $63.25, 09/05/07, for SFM*BP Motor Club. The credit should have been for the $69.00. As a result of this I was charged finance charges and showed a new balance of $7.75. I called Customer Service and explained my previous call and did not own a vehicle. The best answer I got was I got a credit of 63.25 on the fwd balance of $69.00 and nothing could be done.

I have been a customer of your company and legacy companies for over 30 years, spending thousands of dollars with your firm and have never seen such lack of cooperation. I immediately told the customer rep that I would send a check for $7.75 but I should not have to pay for a product I did not need and to cancel my card and to take me off the BP mailing list. The reply was sorry. So much for Customer Service.

Sincerely,
W. Dean
Lampasas, Texas 76550-8846

Cc: BP America Inc.
4101 Winfield Rd.
Warrenville, Il 60555

Dean
Lampasas, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/04/2007 09:28 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/bp-customer-service/wilmington-delaware-15299/bp-customer-service-poor-customer-service-wilmington-delaware-277022. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content