Complaint Review: Brick Ridge

• Brick Ridge
    6212 Ridge Road
    Mount Airy, Maryland
    USA

Direct Source Copiers Sold equipment that would not perform necessary tasks-lack of support service Temecula California

I had a copier malfunction and needed to repair or replace my office equipment in a hurry.  I called a local repair service.  The repair company recommended purchasing new equipment.  They recommended to speak to Dave at Direct Source Copiers.

I called Dave at Direct Source.  Dave recommended a Kyocera copier for my needs.  I explained the type of paper and job requirements for the equipment.  I was assured that the Kyocera was the right machine for my needs.  I was told that there was a truck leaving North Carolina the next day and that if I purchased the machine that day there would be no extra shipping costs as a truck was passing through my area.  That should have been my first warning!  I payed for the equipment and it arrived as scheduled.

Immediately after start up, I realized that the machine would not actually perform the necessary tasks.  I began to call for assistance.  I was told to check the manual.  I looked up the online manual and attempted to identify the necessary information to assist with the performance of the copier.  I was not able to solve my user issues.

I called the company again for assistance.  At this point is when I was told that Dave was busy.  I was told that I was not using the correct settings to perform my tasks.  I was told different procedures for correcting my problems.  I would hang up try to correct the issues without success and then call back.  I never resolved my issues.  Eventually I was dismissed by the company in a stern/rude manner.  I was referred to a service company that would help me at an additional $180 per hour.

There are many many more details related to numerous phone conversations.  The end result is I have a $800 piece of equipment that will not perform my tasks.  At best I have a copier that will accept standard 24 # white paper and make basic copies one at a time.  The auto feed will not pick up my paper.  If I manually load a stack of paper the machine will jam after several copies.

The overall diagnosis made over the phone by Direct Source Copiers was user error!

Please read this review and beware!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/07/2013 10:21 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/brick-ridge/mount-airy-maryland-21771/direct-source-copiers-sold-equipment-that-would-not-perform-necessary-tasks-lack-of-suppo-1057223. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content