Complaint Review: Cafe D' Epoca

• Cafe D' Epoca
    35 N. Raymond Ave.
    pasadena, California
    USA

Cafe D' Epoca Cafe D Epoca Cafedepoca Fraud, scam, credit card scam, pasadena California

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: The customer account was cancelled immediately as requested, there was never an issue.

I joined a coffee club that I found through Facebook. After I got the coffee and found the quality to be very poor, I went back to their site www.cafedepoca.com and tried to cancel. The chat page showed an error whenever I tried to go to it. I then tried to call them at 1-888-405-1803 but the number did not work. I finally found a chat pop-up at the bottom of the website's page and spoke with a woman named Mandy. I told her I wanted to cancel and why and she stated that my account would be cancelled and that I would not be charged again. I waited for a change in my acct or a confirmation email but never got one. When I tried to go back to their website and access my account, I get an error page and now when I try the chat no one responds. Their behavior and practices are very alarming and I believe they are running a fraudulent business to get peoples credit card info.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/16/2013 07:15 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/cafe-d-epoca/pasadena-california-91103/cafe-d-epoca-cafe-d-epoca-cafedepoca-fraud-scam-credit-card-scam-pasadena-california-1076559. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
0Consumer
1Employee/Owner

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

AUTHOR: Café d'Epoca - ()

The customer contacted us by chat to cancel her account, we immediately canceled the customer account as requested.  We allow all our customers to contact and update their accounts by Phone, Email, or Live Chat.  Unlike other companies we don't make it difficult to cancel or update your account.  We do however have standard business hours for phone support, however our email support is open throughout the weekend.

1 day later, we received an email on Friday evening that she had not received an email confirmation and that she was filing a claim on rippoff report.  We are very disappointed in this as we take great pride in our customer support.  We had an amazing offer at 9.95 for a Free french press, 2 can's off coffee in a gift box, a utility bag, and free shipping and allowed her to immediately cancel anytime she wished by phone, chat, or email.  We told her to look at her spam folder or googles new sub-folder where the cancel confirmation email probably went, however it was too late as she had already made this troubling report.

All this happened even though she was never rebilled and received all our products for a onetime charge of 9.95 and was never rebilled.