Complaint Review: CalSpa

• CalSpa
    calspas.com
    Pomona, California

CalSpa Poor Service N Warranty Service Pomona California

I purchased a CalSpa Supreme spa over fifteen years ago. I immediately had a problem within the first 30 days which required taking apart the wet-end of the pump. A piece of the plastic pipe had been left inside the plumbing and lodged in the impeller. This shaving was left in the pipe at the time of manufacture. When I called I was told that if the defect was not due to manufacture that I had to pay for a service call??? Go figure!!! I said to send someone out. Once the problem was discovered they insisted that the problem was not warranty related and wanted $50 for the service call. I told the guy to have california acrylic (calspas) to sue me I wasn't paying for anything. He left without payment. I had some other minor issues but found a local spa repairman to work on the unit - much cheaper and better service.

In actuality, the older CalSpa units were better quality. The tub has served me well and although parts are expensive (more so if you buy from the CalSpa dealer) I have replaced the impeller twice; the blower recently; and a pump motor after 15 years; and a reed switch that activates the heater. I have had good service from the unit but I would NEVER, NEVER, NEVER buy from CalSpa again. The company is actually licensed as a "pool company" and in California they are very dubious business people - can't be trusted and will not honor warranties - so buy CalSpa at your own risk!

Gregg
Upland, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/29/2009 02:12 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/calspa/pomona-california-91766/calspa-poor-service-n-warranty-service-pomona-california-438765. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content