Complaint Review: Camera Addict LLC

• Camera Addict LLC
    337 E 89th St
    Brooklyn, New York

Cameraaddict.com Camera Addict LLC Bait & Switch Brooklyn New York

I ordered a tv from this company because the listed price was $200 less than other websites. They sent an e-mail that I needed to contact the company in order to process my order.

The sole reason for the call to them was so they could upsell me to a package deal ($300 more) that included an HDMI cable. When asked if this cable would replace calibration, the sales rep said "yes". Calibrating a TV costs between $200 and $300. The sales rep was a very fast talker.

I went ahead with the order - but felt like something wasn't quite right with this company. When I received the cable, I knew I had been had. The cable they upsold me to costs $30 on several other websites and does not replace calibrating one's tv.

So I contacted customer service to get my money back for the upgrade. They would not allow me to send just the cable back, although I could send the entire package back for a 15% restocking fee. Again, customer service and the manager I spoke with were quite rude and very fast talkers.

I would never recommend this company to anyone - they advertise lower prices on the net for the sole intent to upsell people to a more expensive package deal.

If you do purchase anything from them, keep all records and BE CAREFUL.

Griz
St Cloud, Minnesota

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/29/2008 05:20 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/camera-addict-llc/brooklyn-new-york-11236/cameraaddictcom-camera-addict-llc-bait-switch-brooklyn-new-york-345640. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content