Complaint Review: Capital Vacations - TAID

• Capital Vacations - TAID
    9641 Gulf Blvd
    Treasure Isand, Florida

Capital Vacations AKA TAID Rip-off! Treasure Isand Florida

I had a feeling that it was a scam, but I figured I could just cancel everything when I got it. I got a packet for some Travel Agent thing, and another for a long distance company. I called and cancelled both the day I got them, but the weird thing was I always got a recording.

Last week, I got the packet for the trip, in a Next Day Air envelope, but it had no phone number to call. I guess I got confused, and I just assumed that it was tied in with the travel agency thing I had already cancelled. Today, exactly 7 days from the day I got the letter, I got a $59.95 charge to my checking account. I called from a different phone than the number I gave them, and entered fake numbers until a real person came on the line.

I told her my story and she tells me that she can see on my file that I cancelled the t.a. and the l.d., but never the vacations. So I tell her that either way, I got the letter 7 days ago, and it's supposed to be a FREE 14 day trial, so I still shouldn't have been charged.

She tells me that they sent the packet to me on the 21st, and since I'm in FL, there is no way it could have taken that long. Finally, when I started yelling, she said my money would be refunded. We'll see. This is a big scam. They start the free trial from the day they mail the letter out, so if it takes 15 days to get to you, you don't even have a chance to cancel.

Kristin
Rockledge, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/10/2004 11:45 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/capital-vacations-taid/treasure-isand-florida/capital-vacations-aka-taid-rip-off-treasure-isand-florida-117083. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content