Complaint Review: Capitol Express

• Capitol Express
    1918 Valley St. Suite B.
    Dayton, Ohio
    USA

Capitol Express, Kennon Wissinger Deceitful hiring practices, Arbitrary hourly rate changes, Dishonest and malicious business practices, Unprofessional Company Columbus, Dayton Ohio

*Consumer Comment: Lacking professionalism

I turned down a $12 an hour job to take the $13 an hour opportunity at Capitol Express as a dispatcher. I was hired by office manager, Traci. On my 3rd day of work, I was notified that I was hired at a machine shop I had applied for previously for $14 an hour. Not wanting to waste any of Capitol Express's time, I explained the situation honestly and terminated my employment at Capitol Express. Fast forward to the following Friday, I arrive at Capitol Express to pick up my paycheck, which Traci assured me would be there after 3. Expecting a $230-$245 paycheck ($13 x 23.5 = $306), I was shocked to see a handwritten check to me for $187.45. I then talked to Traci about the discrepancy and was rudely told that training only pays $10 an hour. This was not expressed at any time during my interview process nor the duration of my employment there. I leave Capitol Express and become more and more angry as I drive. I pull over and call Capitol Express to talk to a superior and manage to get Ken, the company president on the phone. I calmly and professionally explain my concerns and, expecting professionalism back, I'm shocked to hear this man tell me that not only did he not even pay me the $10 an hour, he says " I should really be appreciative because he paid me with no taxes taken out." I tell him his math is apparently off and he responds with 'No, it's not. I paid you minimum wage for your hours with no taxes and I should be happy I got that." He also uses several cuss words and continued unprofessionalism. I have never seen such spitefulness from an actual person much less a "professional courier company." I would avoid this fly by night company at all costs. I wouldn't trust them enough to hire them and I sure as hell wouldn't trust them enough to work for them.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/03/2017 06:48 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/capitol-express/dayton-ohio-45404/capitol-express-kennon-wissinger-deceitful-hiring-practices-arbitrary-hourly-rate-chang-1353919. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Lacking professionalism

AUTHOR: Robert - (USA)

The fact you turned down a $12/hr job to go with them means nothing. While you are complaining that they didn't do what they said, you fail to realize you did the same thing. You stated they didn't tell you you would be paid less for training. But did you tell them that you were only going to be there for 3 days? Did you tell them that if another job came though you would drop them like a hot potato? Of course not, I bet you gave EVERY indication you intended to say with them for quite a while, not only until something else better came along.

You talk about their professionalism, but you showed NONE. You try to come off so noble in saying you didn't want to waste any of their time, but you failed to realize you ALREADY wasted their time. As they now have to go back through the hiring process, and it isn't always just "well call the next one on the list". In addition everything they trained you on is wasted, they have to start from square one when they do bring that next person up. So yes they have totally wasted at least 3 days.

You could take them to the Labor Board, but unless you have something in writing that says you got $13/hr since you got paid at least the minimum wage they aren't going to do anything.

You can try the Civil Route by taking them to court. But in court they will again want something in writing and the judge will weigh your abandonment(yes giving them no notice is abandonment) in their judgement. Meaning you will probably lose.

But then if we look there is about a $60 difference between what you got and what you "expected"..think about that in relation to the amount of time you caused them to waste.

If anything came out of this, I hope you have learned to be more "professional" in your dealings or you will find eventually your attitude will catch up with you.