Complaint Review: Cardworks Servicing, LLC

• Cardworks Servicing, LLC
    P.O. Box 9201
    Old Bethpage, New York
    United States of America

Cardworks Servicing, LLC Threatening to pay a bill I do not owe or know anything about Old Bethpage, New York

I received a letter from cardworks servicing stating that I owed Merrick Bank a sum of $1,265.20.  But if I paid by April 30, I would only have to pay $506.08 or I could make a payment plan of $26.36 for 24 months.

First I have not had a credit card in years and I have no idea who these people are.  Second, I have never received any phone calls or bills from a Merrick bank to tell me that I owed them any type of money that would make me think that someone might have used my information fraudulently.  So this is most likely some type of scam or something and I am worried how much of my information these people have and what should I do about it.

Please if you can help me and tell me what I should do I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you so very much for any help you can give to me regarding this situation.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/08/2012 02:20 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/cardworks-servicing-llc/old-bethpage-new-york-11804/cardworks-servicing-llc-threatening-to-pay-a-bill-i-do-not-owe-or-know-anything-about-ol-850742. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content