Report: #192917

Complaint Review: CARLOS MARTINEZ - RALPH CURRRY Miami Florida District Attorney's Office

  • Submitted: Tue, May 23, 2006
  • Updated: Fri, April 06, 2012
  • Reported By: Los Angeles California
  • CARLOS MARTINEZ - RALPH CURRRY Miami Florida District Attorney's Office
    1350 NW12th Avenue
    Miami, Florida

Show customers why they should trust your business over your competitors...

Carlos Martinez and Ralph Curry are deadbeat dads.

And, apparantly, Miami, Florida's District Attorney's Office could care less.

Carlos Martinez has two children that he abandoned many, many years ago. His kids are both 14 and 15 years old now and have not received any form of child support from him for over 10 years.

Ralph Curry has one child that he abandoned several years ago. His child is six years of age and will turn seven in July. The last time my wife spoke with Ralph about his child, Ralph Curry threatened her life as well as the life of his own son if we persued child support.

Neither one of these impotent scumbags has ever made an effort to help raise his child or children.

Both have, however, been in and out of jail and prison throughout the course of their adult lives.

Both Ralph Curry and Carlos Martinez have threatened to take custody of their kids from my wife.

And yet neither has lifted a finger to provide food, clothing, personal care, medical care, or most important of all, parenting.

Ralph Curry lives in and/or around the Miami/Dade area of Florida and according to trustworthy reports--had been considering moving to New York City.

To Ralph, his child is more of a trophy than anything else, a prize he won for using a bad condom back in 1998.

Ralph Curry may be in jail right now. He is wanted on several charges, including aggravated assault, child abuse and child endangerment.

Ralph Curry is now wanted for questioning in regards to the terrorist death threats he made against my wife and step-child two years ago.

Carlos Martinez may be living with his first cousin in Puerto Rico or Miami, Florida.

Carlos Martinez abandoned his children after committing infidelity with his first cousin, an incestuous relationship that led him to attempt kidnapping his two small children, take them to Puerto Rico and keep them from their biological mother.

Carlos Martinez is also wanted by law enforcement for a variety of lesser crimes, however, he too may be in jail right now.

It is also possible that Carlos Martinez moved to Texas in an effort to evade capture by the Miami Police on any possible warrants.

Miami, Florida's District Attorney's Office has, on file, Ralph Curry's and Carlos Martinez's complete personal information, including their current addresses, phone numbers, Social Security numbers, and perhaps current locations where they may be tracked down and forced to relinquish back child support and monthly child support payments for their own offspring.

Ralph Curry and Carlos Martinez are cowards.

Both have made threats against my wife and step-children.

Both have criminal backgrounds.

Neither one of these deadbeat dads is man enough to step up to the plate and pay what they owe as both a moral obligation and ethical allegiance to members of their own family.

Although Miami, Florida's District Attorney's Office has information regarding the case of Ralph Curry and Carlos Martinez, Miami, Florida's District Attorney's Office continues to deny permission for my wife to obtain said information for the State of California and our local District Attorney's Office.

If Miami, Florida's District Attorney's Office would provide information on the whereabouts--as well as the necessary intelligence to discover their respective places of employment and/or current house of corrections institute where these scumbags reside, we may be able to begin collections of back child support as well as current monthly child support payments.

Thus far, Miami, Florida's District Attorney's Office has been uncooperative with both my wife and our local D.A.

If anyone has been through anything similar to what my wife and our three kids are going through right now in tracking down information on deadbeat dads, please respond.

I am aware that there are sites and services available online that claim to track down deadbeat dads and make them pay up. However, I have been warned that many of these companies are scams and will only go after deadbeat dads for a price.

My family and I are in no financial situation to pay out the nose for a service that may scam us for hundreds (or even thousands) of dollars.

My wife and I are not out for revenge here; we are not necessarily out for justice, either.

We just want Ralph Curry and Carlos Martinez to take responsibility for their own children and pay the back child support that--by state and federal law--they owe, as well as monthly child support payments.

Thank you.

Los Angeles, California

Click here to read other Rip Off Reports on Dead Beat Dads and Moms
Is this Ripoff Report About you?
Ripoff Report A business' first line of defense on the Internet.
If your business is willing to make a commitment to customer satisfaction Click here now..

Does your business have a bad reputation? Fix it the right way. Corporate Advocacy Program™

Set the record straight: Arbitration Program

SEO Reputation Management at its best!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/23/2006 12:28 PM and is a permanent record located here: The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

Search for additional reports

If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:

Report & Rebuttal
Respond to this report!
Also a victim?
Repair Your Reputation!

Updates & Rebuttals


#1 Consumer Comment

Advocacy Groups to Seek Out Deadbeat Dads?

AUTHOR: jmapsyd - (United States of America)

I live in South Florida and am having similar issues with my child's father, his name is Tony Marte.  He has a criminal past, ignores his daughter for years at a time, hasn't paid child support in over 7 years which has totaled to over $50K and when its convenient for him, he'll show up and demand to see our daughter.  He's even taking me to court right now for visitation but still refuses to pay child support.

My daughter will be 12 now, that money can go to her college fund!

I'm wondering:  does anyone know of any advocacy group or group of attorneys which is concerned with making deadbeat dads pay child support? 

Maybe if enough of us get together for the same cause, our children will be better off for it.
Respond to this report!

#2 Consumer Comment


AUTHOR: Richard - (U.S.A.)

Although it is painful to admit, you are absolutely correct about Carlos. He is a skipper. Like I mentioned in my earlier post: he is either living in Texas, Puerto Rico or Miami, Florida--perhaps even somewhere else.

My kids also refer to me as "Dad" or "Daddy," something that makes me prouder than words can express. I am honored that they love and trust me so much. Which is another reason I am fighting such a fierce, uphill battle for them.

As far as adoption, I have been given various advice on this topic, including the idea that--at least in California--gaining custody is the single most important thing I can do my my children.

To the best of my knowledge, filing for custody will cost about $25 per child, after which each may begin receiving benefits through my Social Security disability, as I am totally and permanently disabled.

That alone may negate the need for child support from their bio dads.

Thank you for sharing your own thoughts in this matter with me and please feel free to contact me via email. It really does help to know there are other fellows out there who've gone through similar circumstances.

God bless!
Respond to this report!

#3 Consumer Comment

very typical of "Skippers" who are deabeat dads

AUTHOR: Aafes - (U.S.A.)

You posted that Carlos moved to Texas to evade possible warrants for child support. This is very typical of "Skippers" who are deabeat dads. These men are basically irresponsible, have few if any ties to keep them in one place for long and will "skip" at the first sign of trouble.

He is probably working under the table. He could very easily work as a day laborer for cash, especially in Texas or Florida. These jobs are readily available in agriculture or construction.

As I said before, you probably will not see a dime. At the very least you will have the satisfaction that Carlos will never be able to own property in his own name, get a tax refund, or do anything other than short term dead end jobs for his life. He will live below or near the poverty line unless he also turns to crime. Even a job at a fast food restaurant would require entry into the new hire database and subject him to being located and the child support enforced.

My experience is similar. I met my wife at 21, she was 19 with two children. Both from different fathers, both had never paid a dime of support or tried to see the children. After we were married for a few years I asked my wife if I could adopt the children. Both children, now grown with families of their own, are well aware of the situation and the adoption. They have NEVER referred to anyone as Dad but me, which makes me proud beyond description. They know well they could seek out their birth fathers but have not done so. In my heart and mind they will always be MY children, I am certain you feel the same about yours.
Respond to this report!

#4 Consumer Comment

Very True!

AUTHOR: Richard - (U.S.A.)

When my wife and I discussed this last night, I began thinking about the fact that--even though we exist well below the national standard of poverty--we may never see a dime out of either of these scumbuckets. Millions of deadbeat dads (and moms) simply do not and will not pay up.

I must, however, make a correction regarding one of the deadbeat dads I mentioned: Carlos Martinez. My wife rightfully corrected me stating that, to the best of her knowledge, Carlos is not presently incarcerated--nor has he ever been. In addition, she has no knowledge of any outstanding warrants for his arrest.

I made a mistake and admit to it with apologies to Carlos and his current family.

I cannot, however, in good conscience, retract anything further regarding either Carlos or Ralph unless my wife brings such mistakes or misgivings to my attention.

These two clowns are immature, irresponsible, disgusting, and hateful; if they grew a pair and stepped up to the plate, acted like real men instead of little boys, helped care for their own children, and at least attempted to make a loving effort to participate in their lives, I would be the first to shake their hands and thank them.

But, given the fact that Ralph threatened the lives of my wife and son...and given the fact that Carlos has had nothing to do with his two children since they were toddlers...I doubt such a miracle will ever happen.

The saddest part of all?

The kids are the victims, here. Not me. Not my wife. The kids. They are the ones I am fighting for and shall continue to fight for until every bit of strength has left my being.

Thank you again for your advice and, to all those out there reading this with children of your own who also have deadbeat moms and/or dads--my prayers and hopes are with you.

God bless.
Respond to this report!

#5 Consumer Comment

Child support in California

AUTHOR: Aafes - (U.S.A.)

I worked in California child support collections for years. They have the same access to any information Florida is able to obtain. Child support offices utilize Federal employment databases to track down employment on non custodial parents. Employers are required by law to enter personal information on all new hires into this database. If the individuals are incarcerated the office also has access to all national and state databases that list current inmates.

As for California paying support for these children if the NCP is incarcerated they will only do so through AFDC (welfare) and will attempt to recover the funds paid through this program when the NCP is released. Additionally, all income in the household is taken into consideration to determine if you will qualify for AFDC, even if the NCP is not located or paying support. You may not qualify under income guidelines.

You are correct, these "men" are scum. If not incarcerated, as career criminals it is not likely they are seeking out gainful employment or working legally. They are either working under the table or conducting illegal activities to support themselves. It is not likely the children will ever see a dime of support.
Respond to this report!

#6 Author of original report

Thanx you!

AUTHOR: Richard - (U.S.A.)

Thank you very much for your response.

According to the laws of the state of California, if we track them down and they are in jail (and provide our local D.A.'s office with their information, i.e. Social Security numbers), the state of California will provide child support payments as a result of their incarceration.

In California, at least, that is the law.

Once they are released, however, they will be forced to make child support payments monthly and pay back the Golden State for the back child support California will pay us initially.

Again, thank you so much for sharing your concerns and thoughtful insights with me and my family.

Right now we can use all the help we can get!
Respond to this report!

#7 Consumer Comment

Maybe a little help for you

AUTHOR: Laura - (U.S.A.)

If you find them, and they are in fact in jail, how would you retain any money from them at that time?

If they are working, you can find them by doing a background check on them. Contact an attorney's office and ask them how much it would cost to do a basic background check on them. It only cost me 25.00 when I did it. Don't let the attorney's office try to take your case, or any other non sense. Just tell them you want a background check and that's it. You will need their ssn to process this report.

This report will give you all the information you will need of their current criminal record, to include traffic tickets, current addresses, and next of kin.

I would not advise you to use any online services that claim they can "track down dead beat dad's" they usually are non productive with results. It is wiser to go via an attorney. There are also private investigators that do simular searches, especially once you know where to begin your search. City, State, Neighborhood. They can verify employment, and other such things.

As for the burrocratic bs. They don't care, you are just another upset citizen, who is "out for revenge" in their eyes, and they won't be of any help. They are a waste of our tax dollars, and your time.

I hope some of the information I provided can help you. Stay strong, don't let people try to "care about your case" because in fact all they care about is your money. (ie. attorneys)

Best of luck! Keep us updated...
Respond to this report!
Ripoff Report Recommends
ZipBooks Accounting Software

Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.