Complaint Review:

car.registration.com

car.registration.com Bogus car registration site Internet

*UPDATE Employee: MyDriver-Licenses.org OUR SERVICE

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Complaint Respond

*Consumer Comment: Duped Yesterday!

*Consumer Comment: No Warning That Site Was non-Gov

*Consumer Comment: No useful customer service or response

*UPDATE Employee: To Clarify:

These sleaze balls mask their website to make you think that they are the DMV of your state and that you are renewing your car registration on-line.  You are actually purchasing a guide book that they sell on how to register your vehicle.  After I plugged in my personal information, I realized that this was not the DMV website and left it immediately.  Even though I never completed any kind of purchase, they charged my credit card anyway for $12.71 plus a handling fee of $1.99.  When I received an email from them thanking me for my purchase, I immediately contacted them and they agreed to remove the charge.  However, they still had the balls to charge me the $1.99 handling charge.  I have turned it over to my credit card issuer for them to handle these creeps.  STAY AWAY.  Read the fine print.  You may think that you are in the DMV website but you are not.  They are very clever and they are CHEATs, LIARS and SCAMMERS.  Beware!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/24/2013 07:13 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/carregistrationcom/internet/carregistrationcom-bogus-car-registration-site-internet-1045771. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on car.registration.com

MyDriver-Licenses.org OUR SERVICE

AUTHOR: #1 Employee - (USA)

The product offered through our site is the Road Advisors Guide™, a state and service-specific guide designed to save you time by better preparing you for DMV related activities. Our team of experts has spent 1000's of hours researching DMV services in order to provide simple to follow instructions for DMV related services. Where possible we provide and pre-fill your specific DMV forms and offer links and instructions for services that can be performed online or require a visit to the DMV.

You claim "This website is misleading and fraudulent." However, the pop-up disclaimer that appears before entering the site clearly states the following "Driver license applications must be processed by an official DMV location/website. However, independent third-party application assistance is available through this site as a value-add to official DMV services, which may be free of charge. Application assistance services simplify the process by providing personalized guides, document preparation, and live support."

You also claim that through your experience you learned "You click the link to renew you drivers license online, complete payment, then are presented with a download pdf on a totally unrelated topic. They present themselves as providing a service to the state, but it is totally fake." This could not be further from the truth. The homepage includes detailed information about the product being offered and the PDF file that may be purchased will include state-specific information based on the selections you have made.

If you were unhappy with the product purchased our site is committed to customer satisfaction and makes it clear we offer a 100% Money-Back Guarantee. All the details regarding refund requests are located in the Money Back Guarantee tab. To request a full refun, you can complete the following simple steps:
  1. You may request a refund or credit by emailing your request to info@MyDriver-Licenses.org
  2. Your notification of a service failure must include your full name, contact information and the date of the order.
  3. All requests a refund or credit of charges must be received within 30 calendar days of the order and payment date.

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Complaint Respond

AUTHOR: car-registration.org - (USA)

Dear AKwatcher,

The charge you would have received is for our Car Registration Easy Guide™ which is a state specific guide designed to save you time by better preparing you for any related activities with the DMV.

If you need to reach us, please call us at 1-844-335-6269 or send an email to info@car-registration.org, and we will do our best to resolve your issue at the earliest. Our operating hours are 7am to 9pm EST from Monday to Friday, and 9am to 6pm EST on weekends.

Regards,
Customer Service Team.

Duped Yesterday!

AUTHOR: AKwatcher - (USA)

Somehow my webbrowser got hijacked to "car-registration.org" yesterday March 21st 2016 when I was trying to renew my Alaska vehicle registration.  When I realized what had happened, I registered my vehicle on the actual DMV website then spoke with my credit card company's fraud department.  When we called "Car-Registration.org's" customer service line we were greeted with a voice mail box of a man's first name.  Interestingly enough, I've just looked at their website and they have taken their phone number down.  I did gleen an address on one of their emails: 3313 W. Cherry Lane #636, , Meridian, 83642, ID,.  This is a completely superfluous site and adds no value when renewing your vehicle registration!

No Warning That Site Was non-Gov

AUTHOR: DrDan - (USA)

I am used to various state of Georgia departments referring charges to external companies. I had directed my search to DOT.Georgia.gov and somehow ended up on the CarRegistrationsonline.com site much as a linked payment site would apepar. At no time did a warning apepar that this was not a support site for auto renewal in Georgia. It was only after I submitted my information that I read a warning that this was not linked to the Georgia DOT site. The site should clearly state that the charges are not to renew one's state vehicle registration.

No useful customer service or response

AUTHOR: tfqeII - ()

This company is one I have recently dealt with and this response from the company themselves is much like their typical deceiving correspondence.  What kind of company can't even include their proper company name when emailing a response to you?  What kind of company doesn't include anything about what city/state they're based out of?  One that doesn't want you to find them.

No dollar amount before your victims give you their credit card information?  then no dollar amount afterwards?  then no dollar amount of the what you'll end up charging given even when calling?  May God have mercy on your souls.

how this company is still in business is besides me.  How do its employees sleep at night knowing what they're doing to real people, family, friends, parents, the elderly, etc.??? how do they look at themselves in the mirror even knowing what they do?  I'll pray for you all.

To Clarify:

AUTHOR: Complaint Handler - ()

Please be advised that I am responding on behalf of Car-registration.org.
Contrary to your allegations, Car-registration.org makes it abundantly clear that it is a privately-owned, independently operated website that hosts a well-rounded, driver-related platform for motorists, in conjunction with third-party offerings. After browsing specific information on a variety of driver-, vehicle- and DMV-based content on Car-registration.org, visitors can choose to purchase a comprehensive Car Registration Guide, which is comprised of in-depth content, tips and directories regarding a plethora of registration-related topics. Car-registration.org’s original content is packaged in an organized, navigable eBook, which is regularly updated through an in-house auditing process to keep the state-specific data, links and forms as current as possible.

In addition to the Car-registration Guide, each consumer is offered other valuable driver-related resources, including a monthly newsletter, The Driver’s Seat. Launched to keep subscribers informed on the rules and regulations of the road, in addition to ‘how-to’ descriptions, the latest relevant phone applications and new trends in DMV technology, The Driver’s Seat keeps readers engaged and informed on the latest U.S. auto news on a regular basis.
Included with the purchase of a Drivers Easy Guide, patrons also automatically receive 30 days of roadside assistance from Road America. The 24-hour service is centered on driver-related satisfaction, from roadside to collision to membership programs.
Car-registration.org operates an internet resource site and business which endeavors to ensure that all of its consumers are pleased with the service and offers a full money back guarantee.
Additionally, Car-registration.org operates a customer service line and openly encourages its users to utilize this direct method of communication.
Very truly yours,