Complaint Review: Cash Advance America

• Cash Advance America
    401 Congress Avenue, Suite 1545-Austin, TX 78701
    San Francisco, California
    USA

Cash Advance America Cash Advance USA Kenneth Webster Trying to scam money from me San Francisco California

I got a call today at both my work number and my personal cell phone stating that there is a warrant for my arrest for three counts of criminal charges for Bank Fraud, Identity Theft, etc.  and of course I panicked because they stated they were going to come to my work to arrest me and the Sherriff Department was on thier way.  I asked them several times what this was in regards to and they stated it was a loan I needed to pay off from Cash America Advance.  I have never taken a loan from them so I was completely confused, so I proceeded to ask more questions and the guy on the phone kept getting more aggressive and said if you want to resolve this, you can go to the nearest Food Lion and wire money in the amount of $599.00.  I asked for the paperwork in advance so that I could contact my attorney and they said the Sherriff Dept would be coming to arrest me.

I then asked who I was talking to and he said his name was Kenneth Webster from the San Francisco District Attorney's office.  So I googled Kenneth Webster and saw the many reports of Scam regarding Cash America Advance.  So I then called my local authorities regarding this and the police station stated that this happens quite a bit and they normally target elderly folks and that they even tried to scam the policy department.

I then got a call back from a 911 Number and so I tried calling back and of course it was a false number.

So beware!! Always question when someone wants you to wire them money.... chances are it is a SCAM!  Also the cops aren't going to call you before they arrest you, they will just come and make the arrest.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/03/2013 10:45 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/cash-advance-america/san-francisco-california/cash-advance-america-cash-advance-usa-kenneth-webster-trying-to-scam-money-from-me-san-1055959. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content