Complaint Review: Cash Call

Anaheim , California
    USA

Cash Call Western Financial Services a geninue rip off Anaheim California

*Consumer Comment: Why?

I just read in the LA Times, that cash call is being sued by the State Of New York for charging extreme instrest rates most over 100% and as high as 300%.  I made an emergency loan through cash call, for $5000.00, and if I repay the loan at the current interest rate, my repayment will be almost $40,000.00!

If anyone out there is suing these sick folks at cash call, I want to jump on board, they are deducting almost $500.00 a month out of my checking account.  This has got to stop, I'm downsized with my job at the end of this month, and don't know how to proceed.

Thanks!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/13/2013 02:14 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/cash-call/anaheim-california/cash-call-western-financial-services-a-geninue-rip-off-anaheim-california-1075541. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Why?

AUTHOR: Crucible - ()

"   I made an emergency loan through cash call, for $5000.00, and if I repay the loan at the current interest rate, my repayment will be almost $40,000.00! "

What exactly is the ripoff?   You appear to have thought the interest rate was OK when you needed $5K.  You agreed to pay it.   On what grounds do you propose to sue them?

While I agree that taking out loans for triple digit interest rates is not a smart financial move, the time to make that decision is BEFORE agreeing to the deal and taking the money.    These legalized loan sharks exist because usury laws in general are rarely enforceable.  New York is attempting enforce theirs, but they have an uphill battle as the lender is a tribal entity.  I think it's mostly a publicity stunt by an A.G. with political aspirations  Doesn't matter to you since you don't live in New York.

Even if CA's Attorney General was interested in pursuing such suits, that would take years and you probably wouldn't be off the hook anyway.

Realistically, your best bet is to pay off that balance as soon as possible and get out from under that crazy interest rate.