Report: #502067

Complaint Review: Cash on the Way (Cashontheway.com)

• Submitted: Wed, September 30, 2009
  • Updated: Wed, September 30, 2009
  • Reported By: Mark — Eugene Oregon USA
  • Cash on the Way (Cashontheway.com)
    internet
    internet, California
    United States of America

Cash on the Way (Cashontheway.com) Dave Brown (Owner) Took My $600, Provided No Workable Product, Then Disappeared. Owner Dave Brown refused to return my phone Calls! internet, California

On March 18, 2008, I sent a $600 money order to Dave Brown in order to join the business opportunity he created, known as "CashOnTheWay.com." People that joined this opportunity would make money by selling "memberships" for the same $600 price.

At the time I joined, there were no products just "memberships." A few weeks after I joined, Mr. Brown added discount coupons to act as products for the company.

In March 2008, the Cash-On-The-Way website described how we could all generate customer leads for this program simply by following Mr. Brown's system of advertising on Craigslist. I was prepared to work this business full time. I spent weeks and weeks following this model of advertising, and generated very few leads. As directed, I sent the leads to Mr. Brown so he could forward them to his "call center" to close the sales. He reported that no sales were generated from these leads, whatsoever.

When talking to Mr. Brown, he showed interest in making some improvements in his multi-posting method of ad placement on Craiglist. However, he reminded me often that it "was not his fault that the economy was bad." Well, "he" was able to make sales for himself, and he boasted over 1,000 people had joined the company. Why was I not able to generate sales, especially since he acted as a call center salesman, supposedly closing the sales for me. ( Was he making sales from my leads, but not telling me about it?) By July 2008, and after leaving phone messages for him to talk about getting my money back, Dave Brown was not returning my phone calls.

Roughly nine months later, in March of 2009, I left another phone message for him. In April 2009, Mr. Brown actually returned my call. He told me he was creating a revision of the previous program, and that I could be grandfathered into it with no additional payment. (Once again he uttered that it was not his fault that the economy was bad.) I agreed to try his newer program.

On April 10th, shortly after receiving his newest program, I discovered a problem with it. Then, I phoned Brown. He did not return my call. Later, on May 4th, I left another phone message still no answer. If he were interested in contacting me, he could have reached me by phone or by email.

I contacted 7 other people that joined Cash-On-The-Way. All 7 of these people responded to me by email which I have on file for your review indicating that they made no sales, either. The company website displayed "No member left behind." Well, there are at least 7 of us that are left behind, and that may be the tip of the iceberg. Since Mr. Brown refuses to return my phone calls, it's apparent there's no customer support, nor an interest in running a fair business. It seems that Cash-On-The-Way should be renamed to Cash-On-The-Way-to-Dave Brown-Only.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/30/2009 09:23 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/cash-on-the-way-cashonthewaycom/internet-california-/cash-on-the-way-cashonthewaycom-dave-brown-owner-took-my-600-provided-no-workable-p-502067. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content