Complaint Review: CDL Landscape

• CDL Landscape
    19069 Van Buren Blvd Suite # 114-121
    Riverside, California
    USA

He is a scam artist. He will come over and verbally tell you good prices for the work you want done, and then when you say "yes lets start" he asks for money for plans, that are not plans at all they are drawings that he does by hand that no other contractor can use. He says they are architectural drawings but guess again he is not a licensed Architect.

He also Will tell you that any money you pay for plans will apply  to any work you have done. but he will not honor that. and when he comes back with the plans the price will be 2 or 3 times  higher than he verbally stated to you before hand. He is not even licensed as a "B" contractor to do anything else except Landscaping. But he will take your money any way.

I wanted to get a pool, Balconey , guest house, and entry gate. all of which he said he could build but he is not a licensed Contractor to do the work. He just wants your money for the plans hemakes more in less time making a Hand drawing for you and giving it to you for $ 1,500 then really working or building something .

Do not trust this guy he will take you for a ride !

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/02/2013 03:28 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/cdl-landscape/riverside-california-92508/cdl-landscape-he-is-a-total-scam-artist-riverside-california-1089009. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

1Author
0Consumer
1Employee/Owner

He will Steal Your Money And Not build A thing

AUTHOR: thetiger25 - ()

He is not a man of his word, He said ,"Any money paid to him would go towards the work I had done with him" but when it came time to sign the contract he said "NO" he would not give me the credit.  and I did lose the Small claims monetary case. I didnt explain it well. but the Contractors State Lic Board sited him for trying to do a job with out a "B" lic. he was leading me on to get the money from me even though he was not allowed to build what I had asked him to  !
If you dont want to get ripped of stay away from him.  I bet the bad reviews will hurt his business more than the amount of money he stole from me ! He is not to smart !! if he would have just given back half of the money stolen from me $3,000 I would not be posting bad reviews and letting everyone I know how bad he is !
he would not have been able to even get a permit for anything he was going to build for me . I am glad we parted ways early on. I dont think anyone would want something built and pay $ 229,000 and not be able to have it permited by the city or county. Attached is a picture of all that I got from him , besides being lead on . Not one contractor that I talked to would be able to do anything with this !

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Scam artist rebuttal

AUTHOR: cdllandscape - ()

The complaint is a "rant" from a "would be client" of CDL Landscape. The customer changed his mind several times about his desires. Wanting upgrades without any upcharge.

The customer filed a small claims suit against CDL, was heard by a Superior court of California Judge, and had the Judgement decided against him. CDL Landscape received the Judgement in its favor and was released from any obligations to this client.

There are always two sides to every story, and the customer chose to leave out many other facts.

There are bad contractors out there, however, there are also bad clients. This one was suing another contractor the same day as he was suing CDL.