Complaint Review: CellularOne

• Reported By: Anchorage Alaska
  • CellularOne
    PO Box 16110
    Duluth, Minnesota

Cellular One ripoff Buyout of AT&T yields confusion bogus contract extension, lost insurance, lies! Anchorage Alaska

CellularOne bought out AT&T in Alaska. They are not honoring my old contract with AT&T. My phone antenna broke during the switch and neither company would honor my insurance, despite my old bills showing clearly that I'd been paying for insurance.

My plan has been switched without my permission and no one can explain why I have 1000 night and weekend minutes for 9.99 per month when my plan should already include unlimited night and weekend minutes! I also have (so far) 87 minutes of bogus roaming charges and I haven't even gone anywhere! They say I have a "verbal" contract extension extending it out a whole year.

My original contract with AT&T should end in two months. They want $200. disconnect service fee, yet I have no contract with CellularOne. Doesn't a consumer have the right to cancel service with a provider they didn't ask for / who isn't providing anything other than a big fat scam?!!! I am filing complaints with the Alaska Attorney General's office, the Better Business Bureau, and the FCC. I didn't ask for the buyout and I shouldn't suffer because of it. Please contact me if any other Alaskans have similar experiences and help me get this resolved!

Jennifer
Anchorage, Alaska

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/05/2003 03:53 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/cellularone/duluth-minnesota-55816-0110/cellular-one-ripoff-buyout-of-att-yields-confusion-bogus-contract-extension-lost-insuran-74188. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content