Complaint Review: Cental Collection Unit - Maryland

• Cental Collection Unit - Maryland

Baltimore, Maryland
    USA

Cental Collection Unit - Maryland Insurance Laspe Baltimore Maryland

A week ago i went to take my child to school and when i went outside there was an envelope on my windshield with my tags gone.  Stating that i need to go to MVA and to take this envelope with me.  So i went to MVA and they took my tags because back in 2001 I had an insurance laspe.  So i went there to figure out what was going on...they told me that i could not get my tags back until this was resolved.  So i came home did my research, because i know that they took my state taxes to pay it off.  I found a letter from 2003 from the

Office of the Attorney Generals office that states that it was satified.  Also i called the Comptrollers Office and they stated that this certain amount was sent to CCU and was statifed.  So in turn i called back CCU and they continue to tell me that they have no record of it!!!  In fact i have called them 4 times.  So then i called the Attoney Generals office again and i have to fax them a copy of the letter.  This is ridiculous.  The is from 2001!!!!  12 YEARS AGO!!!!  and the things is i have gotten tags for any car that i have ever had and i recently just bought a new car and go the take for it!

I think this is all shame that the State of Maryland can not even make sure things are correct.  Have not heard anything from them since 2003, and all of a sudden i owe them 900.00!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/27/2013 02:23 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/cental-collection-unit-maryland/baltimore-maryland/cental-collection-unit-maryland-insurance-laspe-baltimore-maryland-1111061. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content