Complaint Review: Cherokee Auto Sales

• Cherokee Auto Sales
    6508 Highway 92
    Acworth, Georgia
    United States of America

I purchased a car from here 2 months ago and it was the worst decision I have ever made! These people are crooked! When I went to the tag office I learned that the car did not pass emissions. It failed two weeks prior to me purchasing the car! THIS IS ILLEGAL! Cherokee auto slapped a tag on the back of the vehicle that had not even been registered under that car. They also failed to do the title work on the car. 2 weeks after purchasing the car the check engine light came on.

I took the car back and they said they would fix the problem. The owner and I had it out. I thought they fixed it but later I learned they didnt do anything but turn the check engine light off. It was back on 2 week later! The car was also making a really LOUD knocking noise. When I took it back they had the nerve to try and charge me to fix it! So I left and took it else where. The mechanic that I trust told me someone loosened the lug nuts. I believe they did! I also received a call from an unknown number which I did not answer and on my voice mail I hear F you from some man that sounds a lot like the owner. STAY FAR AWAY FROM THIS PLACE. THEIR PRICES ARE SO GREAT BECAUSE THEY SELL CRAP!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/06/2012 06:41 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/cherokee-auto-sales/acworth-georgia-30102/cherokee-auto-sales-scam-they-sell-lemons-acworth-georgia-951824. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
2Consumer
1Employee/Owner

to jamey,i also bought a pile of crap there

AUTHOR: redeagle3 - ()

to jamey we are also victom's from your car lot but i'm smarter than you are therefore i am taking fight legal and am gonna seek the govener's office investagation,emissions tampering,sale of salvaged titled car's without legal state inspection's.milage fraud(each count is a 10,000 dollar fine.Your car's are death trap's to consumors.....This time you stepped on the bear trap,and with alot of legal problems headed your way,so need to practice hiring lawyers and word of advise don't drop the soap

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

You just can't satisfy some people

AUTHOR: Jamey - (United States of America)

The emissions was done on this vehicle. The day they purchased the car there was a glitch with the state system, so we put the customer out on a loaner form. The next day we called the state and fixed the problem and printed a thirty day tag. As far as a theory that we loosened her lug nuts on her car,,, really???? We sell 70 cars a month and sometimes run into people like this. We try everything in our power to satisfy them. Some people just like drama.

IF your states laws require cars that are sold be able to pass emissions, report this to...

AUTHOR: Ken - (USA)

your states dealer licensing commission.

If you bought it As-Is, there may be different requirements.