Complaint Review: Chocolates By Design

• Chocolates By Design
    9895 West Sample Road
    Coral Springs, Florida
    United States of America

Chocolates By Design DEAD BABY LIZARD IN THEIR CHOCOLATES! Coral Springs, Florida

*Author of original report: Please Disregard!

My husband purchased a few boxes of assorted chocolates from Field of Flowers in Davie, FL - which is a merchant that has agreed to sell these chocolates.  Upon opening the box and consuming three of the chocolates, we noticed a dead baby lizard inside the box next to another uneaten chocolate.  The lizard had obviously been in the box for a while, as it was pitch black, hardened, and had it's eye sockets and skull caving in while it's body was wrapped in a way that it appeared to be "hugging" the chocolate.

We called the number on the box (954-753-5151) and left a detailed message regarding the incident.  Three days later, we still haven't received a call back.  I suppose this sort of incident just wasn't alarming enough to warrant a call back or even an apology.  I guess it wasn't even important enough to soothe an upset customer.

BUYER BEWARE!!!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/24/2012 06:56 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/chocolates-by-design/coral-springs-florida-/chocolates-by-design-dead-baby-lizard-in-their-chocolates-coral-springs-florida-931899. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

1Author
0Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Please Disregard!

AUTHOR: Rachel - (USA)

The owner of Chocolates by Design called only moments after I submitted this report.  It turns out that she had been out of the office for a few days and called me back upon returning to the office.

Not only was she very apologetic, but also very generous in trying to get the situation resolved.  We discussed the incident in detail, and came to the agreement that the lizard very likely crawled in from the flower shop.

I tried to find a way to delete my original post, but was unable to do so.  I hope this will clear up any issues.