Complaint Review: Chris Tomaszewski

• Reported By: Matt — Sacramento California United States
  • Chris Tomaszewski

Loomis, California
    United States

Chris Tomaszewski raised $315,000 from us to invest in an auto windshield protection company and gave us false information. They took the investment capital and paid themselves as a draw and did not use the funds to support the business. Thus, business failed and they walked away with the money. Loomis California

*Consumer Comment: Can't Really Be All That Sympathetic...

We invested $315,000 USD for their start up company

They promoted a huge gains

they asked us to trust them.  We were not given any time to do our do diligence.

They drew the money out as a draw and put the money into their pockets without our knowledge and turned around and stated that the company was cash poor.  We asked for tax returns but they kept stalling.  Finally, after 18 months, they made us sign a release  of liability agreement stating that we could not sue them  and that they were held harmless if they showed us the tax rerturn.

at the which time, we realized of the fraud and we were duped.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/06/2017 03:24 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/chris-tomaszewski/loomis-california/chris-tomaszewski-raised-315000-from-us-to-invest-in-an-auto-windshield-protection-co-1415440. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Can't Really Be All That Sympathetic...

AUTHOR: Jim - (United States)

When you're late with payment for services satisfactorily and competently rendered, regardless of the situation, it is hard to find sympathy with your report and don't find your narrative particularly compelling as a rip off.  If they reported you as a deadbeat, I'm not particularly surprised.  I would have also reported your late payment to the credit reporting agencies and if you were a business, I would have reported you to D&B.

Even your payment indicating they were both post dated checks, raises red flags to me as a rip off.  Post dated checks have a tendency to bounce and the business or individual ends up never getting paid - ever.  The fact you were honest about everything is irrelevant - you don't get extra credit for that.  If you're a landlord, do you accept really late payments, or non-payments for rent...but hey, at least they were honest so that makes it OK?

If I'm the electrical services company and I know who you are as a customer, and I decide to perform the service, I would absolutely charge a premium for my services knowing full well I am going to have to expend additional funds collecting on the debt to you.  I would even consider charging you interest for any payment outstanding after 30 days, which in your case I would have done.  Why should I finance your indebtedness for free?  I'm sure they find your excuses to be unacceptable.

The moral of the story is, in the future, don't be late with your payment!  It avoids several problems you inflicted upon yourself.  Best of luck to you....