Complaint Review: CIC Consumer Info Credit Monitor

• Reported By: Cape Girardeau Missouri
  • CIC Consumer Info Credit Monitor
    California
    , California

CIC Consumer Info Credit CIC Consumer Info Credit Monitor Fradulant charges, rip off scam! Ripoff California

A charge was sent to my bank account for $79.95 TWICE on the same day from this company saying that I had used their free credit report service in 2003, and had never canceled the account. However, this was the first time I had ever been charged in 4 years time. I called the 800# immediately and was told first, to call another number. After calling the second number, I told them, that these charges were not authorized, and that I expect the full amount to be reimbursed to my account. I also told them that there are many many reports on the internet of scam and fraud from this company, and that they are on ripoffreports.com and have been reported to the BBB. After a few mins they agreed to refund $73.00 within 7 to10 business days, there in I explained to them, that if the full amount was not refunded to me, I would be calling again, and they would hear from my attorney. Is there an easier way to ensure that I get my full amount back? Someone, somewhere needs to get on top of this situation ASAP, it sounds like millions of people are being scammed and many may not even know it.

Do not give up, if you are dealing with these people, keep informing them that they were not authorized to take any money from your account, and demand they refund your money.

Good luck and any extra information anyone has please let me know.
Thanks
Sharon Rouse
Cape Girardeau, Missouri

Sharon
Cape Girardeau, Missouri

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/27/2007 05:21 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/cic-consumer-info-credit-monitor/california/cic-consumer-info-credit-cic-consumer-info-credit-monitor-fradulant-charges-rip-off-scam-263712. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content