Complaint Review: Cigna Insurance

• Reported By: F.A. Hearn — Fort Payne Alabama
  • Cigna Insurance

, Select State/Province
    USA

Cigna Insurance Sold me Insurance knowing that the closest in network Dentist would be in Georgia or Tennessee

I was offered a plan through Delta Airlines for its Retirees to purchase a Healyh Care Plan which happened to be United Health Care and at the same time I could purchase Cigna Dental Insurance. During the latter part of August I contactated Cigna to see if they would pay for Deltal cleaning and was told that they would. I asked them to give me the name on a In Network Dentist in my area and they told there me the closest one to me was in Ewing.

I asked the lady if she ment Ewing ,Texas and she said yes and I replyed that I did not live in Texas but in Alabama and that I had never lived in Texas. She tole me that that they showing that I lived in Texas to which I replyed that seems strange because all the correspondance from Cigna comes to my address in Fort Payne,Alabama. She then asked for me zip code and after a few minutes she came back and told me there was an In Network Dentist in Tennessee and Georgia.

I explained to her that I could stay in my own town and pay out of pocket for my Dental Cleaning for less than I would spend on gas for a round trip to either of the Offices she had suggested. After getting off the phone with her I coctacted Delta and found out the steps that I needed to take to cancel my Cigna Insurance. Regrettably Cigna collected $ 200.00 from me for a policy that was totally useless to me. surely someone knew they were seeling insurance in an area where there were no In Network Destist.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/06/2013 12:29 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/cigna-insurance/select-stateprovince/cigna-insurance-sold-me-insurance-knowing-that-the-closest-in-network-dentist-would-be-in-1082279. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content