Complaint Review: Coastcapital Financial Services

• Coastcapital Financial Services
    7362 Granville Street
    Los Angeles, California
    USA

Coastcapital Financial Services sent me a letter telling me I won $355,000 and containing a check for $4,650 to cover processing fees Los Angeles California

Today I received a letter telling me I won $355,00, the second prize in a sweepstake. The letter also contained a check for $4,650, purportedly to help cover the "processing fee," shown as $3,850.

I was advised to contact the claim agent, "Allen Nelson @ 1778-385-0574" to activate the check.  I was also advised to not act on "this notice" until I contacted the claim agent.

The letter was signed "Sarah martins" (sic).

The letter sounded suspicious to me and to a friend of mine, so I did a search for "Coastcapital Financial Services," and discovered several "scam" reports against the company.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/08/2013 08:36 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/coastcapital-financial-services/los-angeles-california-92356/coastcapital-financial-services-sent-me-a-letter-telling-me-i-won-355000-and-containing-1090538. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content