Complaint Review: Continental Auto Warranty

• Continental Auto Warranty
    19401 40th avenue west
    Lynnwood, Washington
    United States of America

Continental Auto Warranty I purchased a 2005 Certified Used Chevrolet Suburban recently and needed a warranty. Lynnwood, Washington

I purchased a 2005 Certified Used Chevrolet Suburban from a reputable dealer here in San Antonio. I was a mechanic in the Army and maintain my vehicles like new. When I need repairs I go to Blackmons Garage in San Antonio, a first class auto repair garage since 1946. The Suburban needed repairs. It needed a new transfer case motor, and a new fuel tank pump. Continental would pay for no diagnostics. When the repairs were completed Continental would pay for no part of the Transfer Case Motor, and refused to pay for a Delco fuel pump. They would only pay the price for an inferior low quality fuel pump. My total repairs cost was around $2000. I think Continental finally actually paid about $400. I of course had the garage install Delco parts and paid the difference out of pocket.

I research Auto Warranties as well as I could. All I can say is that they must know that we consumers will not take something this small to our attorneys or report them to State Consumer authority. However, I am appalled at the sleaziness, especially the disconnect between the persons who sold me the policy over the phone, and the persons who worked with my garage during the repairs. They must need the money to chisel people this way.

Of course I have learned my lesson. The total policy cost was $2,599. I have 18,000 more coverage miles to go. After that I will forget them fast. If I have any more issues with them denying coverage, I will sue them. My brother in law is a well regarded attorney, and never hesitates to defend me, as I usually am in the right.

Enjoy yourselves Continental. I hope you can't sleep at night.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/28/2009 07:05 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/continental-auto-warranty/lynnwood-washington-98036/continental-auto-warranty-i-purchased-a-2005-certified-used-chevrolet-suburban-recently-a-530249. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content