Complaint Review: Cooking and Hospitality Institue of Chicago (CHIC)

• Submitted: Thu, August 30, 2012
  • Updated: Thu, August 30, 2012
  • Reported By: Fred — Chicago Illinois United States of America
  • Cooking and Hospitality Institue of Chicago (CHIC)
    361 Chestnut
    Chicago, Illinois
    United States of America

Cooking and Hospitality Institue of Chicago (CHIC) Lied about tuition costs and job placement Chicago, Illinois

I attended CHIC in 2003-2005 and was lied to from the beginning. I was told that the school was a private culinary school--which was a lie it was operated by Career Education Corporation. I was also told that the tuition included both culinary and pastry degrees..lie #2..And whenever I inquired about my loans and dispursements they basically told me everything was taken care of till the last year then I had to take out private loans or I couldn't graduate.

While looking for a place to do my internship i was told by several places "we don't take CHIC students...After graduating finding a job was IMPOSSIBLE !!! As soon as they knew what school I attended..they actually told me "we dont hire people from CHIC" ..THIS SCHOOL WAS A DIPLOMA MILL!!!!These loans have went out of control..I never missed a payment in 7 years and I owe more than i borrowed!!! IF YOU ATTENDED CHIC IN CHICAGO WE NEED TO GET TOGETHER AND FILE A CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT!!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/30/2012 12:54 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/cooking-and-hospitality-institue-of-chicago-chic/chicago-illinois-/cooking-and-hospitality-institue-of-chicago-chic-lied-about-tuition-costs-and-job-place-934610. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content