Complaint Review: Corint Publishing Group

• Corint Publishing Group
    valeriu.vatel@edituracorint.ro
    Nationwide
    Romania

Corint Publishing Group, Valeriu Vatel Permission to use image for book cover Bucharest Internet

*Author of original report: Coriint Publishing Group OK

I was contacted recently through my website by Valeriu Vatel, who claims he works for Corint Publishing Group in Bucharest, Romania. He was asking for copyright permission to use one of my paintings for a book cover. It is a book that I am familiar with in English that is being translated into Romanian.

I spent quite a bit of time emailing back to him, negotiating a price etc. Naturally I was flattered by the prospect of having one of my paintings adorn the cover of a book! I did research the company on the internet and they do exist and they are a big, reputable company.

However, when he asked for my bank information so that they could transfer the agreed upon $$$, I realized, sadly that this was another internet scam. When I googled Valeriu Vatel, another request permission to use came up for artist Sergio Curtacci. I don't know what happened with him.

Nancy
Victoria, British Columbia
Canada

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/27/2008 10:45 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/corint-publishing-group/nationwide/corint-publishing-group-valeriu-vatel-permission-to-use-image-for-book-cover-bucharest-in-312524. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Coriint Publishing Group OK

AUTHOR: Nancy - (Canada)

It seems that I was mistaken about Valeriu Vatel and Corint Publishing.

The company sent me a cheque paying for the use of my art.
I did not get a contract which is not normal for North American copyrite arrangements, but I guess this is how it is done in Romania.

I apologize for any embarrassment or inconvenience this may have caused.