Complaint Review:

• Updated: Mon, March 10, 2014

• Reported By: Concerned — Bowmanville Other
David Woods
unknown Internet Jamaica

David Woods MegaMillion Sweepstake impersonation MegaMilliion Sweepstake scam - called from Jamaica Jamaica Internet

REBUTTAL BOX™ | Respond to this Report! | Consumer Comment

Corporate Advocacy Program

Set the record straight:
Arbitration Program

I received a call from David Woods (if that's even his real name - heavy accent - the phone caller ID shows Jamaica), claiming that I won the MegaMillion sweepstake of $7.7M, plus a brand new mercedes car (insured no less).  All I have to do to have the "package" dropped off is to wire him $25,000 as a withholding for taxes and a bunch of stuff that I can't comprehend due to his accent.  The instruction included buying a cash card from Walmart and then some other instruction about Western Union.  He even gave me a phone number that appears to be from the states (317-925-2766), the number appear to belong to:Frankie D Legge in Indianapolis, Marion County.

When I told him I don't have the $25,000 to wire to him, he sounded sympathetic and offered to arrange for $50,000 to be sent to me if I can wire him a smaller amount.  Then I can use that $50,000 to pay the outstanding against the $25,000 to get the rest of the $7.7M and a car.

In order for this to happen, I must wire him $2,000.

Thanks but no thanks.  nothing is free!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/10/2014 11:01 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/david-woods/internet/david-woods-megamillion-sweepstake-impersonation-megamilliion-sweepstake-scam-called-fr-1129580. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on David Woods