Report: #111922

• DELL
    dell.com
    Internet

DELL ripoff DELL EQUALS HELL Never buy Dell! Internet

U believe that any Dell computor purchased for home use is comprised of refurbished pieces and parts!! I ordered a Dell desk top computor in Sept. 2003; within the first month, the operating system was corrupted, the hard drive needed to be replaced and connecting to the internet was impossibe immediately after the installation technician left my home!

To make an incredibly long story short, in the nine months I had that "computor", I had three motherboards and processors replaced, two hard drives replaced, and finally the CD drive wouldn't recognize anything let alone acknowledge that it was install in a computor. Backing up anything was impossible. ALL of Dell's support techs for the home computor network is overseas and if you can understand them through their accents, it is quite a feat.

The only way I finally got through to an American technician was to call the Government (!) support line and before he could transfer my call, I screamed like the devil was in me and begged him to hear me out. The end of all this was I was offered a "brand new computor and a free printer" which I refused and demanded my money back TO THE PENNY. It took three months, but I finally did get all my money back, but buyer beware: DELL EQUALS HELL Never buy Dell!

Doris
Akron, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/07/2004 12:06 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/dell/internet/dell-ripoff-dell-equals-hell-never-buy-dell-internet-111922. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content