Complaint Review: Delray Fitness

• Delray Fitness
    5030 W. Atlantic Avenue
    delray beach, Florida
    United States of America

Delray Fitness Fails to cancel memberships when requested continues to charge your account delray beach, Florida

I joined Delray Fitness in 2010 which included 1 yr contract after which I could cancel with 30 days notice.  On October 5, 2012 I requested my member ship be canceled and completed the form they had me to and submitted to employee Robbie on Sunday. I was told it would be 30 days to be effective which meant I would be charged for October 25th membership charge which I acknowledged.  November the membership charge was taken out again.  I contacted the gym on two occassions and todate have not received a call back from anyone despite being assured someone from "bookkeeping" would be calling me.  I resorted to disputing the charge through my bank and after an investigation the bank reversed the charge stating my claim had been "confirmed".  On January 10th I received a call from a collection agency on behalf of Delray Fitness stating that I needed to contact them on a serious matter. [continued below]....
.....  I called and was told I was in violation for not paying my membership dues.  I explained to the representative my entire story.  She placed me on hold and called Delray Fitness.  Robbie actually answered the phone and confirmed my story but I was told to produce a copy of the form and they would review my request.  I advised them that I was reporting the gym to the Dept of Agriculture who governs gyms in Florida and filing a complaint to the newly formed Consumer Financial Protection Bureau that oversees consumer financial matters including collection agencies.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/13/2013 10:13 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/delray-fitness/delray-beach-florida-33484/delray-fitness-fails-to-cancel-memberships-when-requested-continues-to-charge-your-accoun-996042. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content